Herbstreit

hskerprid

Barring that whine fest he had about the best team of all time, I really like Kirk. He's great in an analyst role and understands the landscape of college football quite well. I also have to tip the cap to how he helps out Corso on gameday. Lee hasn't been the same since the stroke and Herbie is always there to help lead him in the discussion. 

• Plus1 3

21 minutes ago, hskerprid said:

I recorded it and hadn't gotten to the part with him picking us to win. Having lived through the 70s, 80s and 90s it's just getting old not being relevant anymore.

Might be time to just accept it, realize there is nothing you can do about it, and get back to trying to enjoy what you can under the new circumstances. It helps and it doesn't mean you've settled for mediocrity but rather simply that you've accepted you aren't the AD or the HC. This isn't directed at just you, there are many that would be well served to heed that advice. I don't like DONU regularly being outside the top ten and not a player in the national discussion either but it is what it is and no amount of bitching by any fan is going to change it one iota. 

:rant

• Plus1 7
10 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Might be time to just accept it, realize there is nothing you can do about it, and get back to trying to enjoy what you can under the new circumstances. It helps and it doesn't mean you've settled for mediocrity but rather simply that you've accepted you aren't the AD or the HC. This isn't directed at just you, there are many that would be well served to heed that advice. I don't like DONU regularly being outside the top ten and not a player in the national discussion either but it is what it is and no amount of bitching by any fan is going to change it one iota. 

Oh, make no mistake I still enjoy supporting my Huskers  as I'm sure many others of my opinion do. You are correct that no amount of bit**in is going to change our status. It was more "fun" when we were in the discussion more.

41 minutes ago, El Diaco said:

Enjoy the program, games, etc. and believe relevance is always right around the corner.

Lifelong Husker fan.  Been a fan of Clemson for a long time.  Its taken Clemson YEARS to get back to winning (not that they were ever at the NU level/duration), but the right staff and recruits and they have been in the discussion for about the past 10 years.....

Hopefully Lee, Bobby D and the uptick in recruiting really get us over the hump.  

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, huskerfan120889 said:

Barring that whine fest he had about the best team of all time, I really like Kirk. He's great in an analyst role and understands the landscape of college football quite well. I also have to tip the cap to how he helps out Corso on gameday. Lee hasn't been the same since the stroke and Herbie is always there to help lead him in the discussion. 

And that whine fest was manufactured for drama. His producer got in his ear and was basically like, "This is too boring, get fired up about something."

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, hskerprid said:

Oh, make no mistake I still enjoy supporting my Huskers  as I'm sure many others of my opinion do. You are correct that no amount of bit**in is going to change our status. It was more "fun" when we were in the discussion more.

Give it some time. Riley has disproved a pretty big criticism when he fired Banker. He is putting the program in a tremendous position to succeed by hiring and trusting (and paying) the types of coaches who win in today's college football landscape. 

I think it's also healthier when we accept that Nebraska's 40 year run of excellence was extremely rare and unlikely to be repeated, even by the Alabama's.

Doesn't mean we accept mediocrity or give up dreams of dominance. Just tone down the whining a tick. We have to earn our way back, like everyone else. And believe it or not, the media is rooting for it because it would be a good story. 

• Plus1 6