With Wisconsin Performance, New Coach Guaranteed?

When Riley was hired, I was one of the few fans who actually knew who he was (I'm a collegw football nerd).  I thought he was an interesting hire, but I was leery of his offensive style, and as I did more research his game management, I grew concerned.  In the 3 years at NU, he has changed assistant coaches and coordinators, but the constant is Riley. He's an average coach, with an average career record.  I only care about wins and losses. I don't care if he's a nice guy. Riley's time should come to the end this year. GBR!!!

• Plus1 1

I'm fairly certain that the decision was made before tonight.  For the people making the decisions they probably don't blame Riley for the current state of the program.  Riley is Riley and should never have been hired.  The blame is on the person that hired him and created the mess.  That issue had already been addressed.  Getting rid of Riley is something that was going to happen to finish cleaning up the mess.  Riley isn't too bright if he was fretting over his job status from the time SE was fired until after the game tonight.  I can't imagine what he was thinking if he believed there was a chance he would keep his job.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

Riley put all his marbles in Tanner Lee, and he has ended up being a worse passer than Armstrong and a much much worse athlete.

Lee looks great in a tshirt and shorts when he's throwing against air. Crap, I thought Matt Millen was going to blow him at halftime of tonight's game.  People fall in love with a big dude with a strong arm. Too bad he is terrible at making decisions. 

• Plus1 1