The debate is over... right?

Branno

The debate has been over since Eichorst was fired for hiring Riley.  If you didn't understand what that meant for Riley it's because you chose to not understand. 

Hopefully the debate is over on Diaco now.  He was hired to improve our top 30 defense,  and he's failed spectacularly.

Edited by The Dude
  • Plus1 3

6 hours ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

God, I hope Riley resigns so you people will stop whining and move on to hating the next not-Pelini coach.

You can dislike Riley and also not like Bo. It's not mutually exclusive to either train of thought. Also, would you prefer to keep Riley? Not sure what your comment does except... well... except nothing...

Edited by ebohnart
  • Plus1 4
9 hours ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

I think I'd like to see a quality person as head coach with a great reputation have the opportunity to field a team made up entirely of his own recruits. I'd like to stabilize the program and re-establish some semblance of class at NU. That would be nice for a change. Hillbilly management by firing coaches just to get another Great White Hope as a new coach won't fix the problem.

You were a big Callahan supporter too, amirite?

Edited by Isle of View
  • Plus1 1

I have reached the point where a loss like this doesn't even get me that upset anymore. I fully expected to just get steam rolled tonight so maybe that is why it doesn't bother me. What bothers me, is that I have these expectations as a fan! It has been stated on here several times, we are what almost every team in from 71-97 felt like when we played them...more so the 80s and 90s teams. Is it karma from years of dominance and just dirt stomping some teams? I would like to believe that the decisions from Pearlman to Pederson to Callahan to Bo to Eichorst to Riley are the reason we are here. It is a sad how far we have truly fallen as a program!

My fear is that with all of the crappy decisions above (and others I forgot to mention) is that it will be difficult to bring in the type of coach we so desperately need. It may seem silly for some to think this, but if I am an up and coming coach or one that is solid, the fact that we fired Bo after the success (and I do believe it was the right choice based on his antics and lack of recruiting) and then fire Riley after three seasons of complete chaos and incompetence, I have doubt. Did I just contradict myself?? I am sure, but that has to be the thoughts of people around the country. I am one that believes that Frost won't come here and not sure if that is such a bad thing. I just don't know who I want to come here...of course you think of the big time names, but those are pipe dreams. Will definitely be interesting to see how this all shakes out and if Husker nation can come together. The AD has an even bigger job with bringing Husker nation back with each other and getting rid of the divide that continues to widen.

Sorry for the long post!

4 hours ago, ebohnart said:

Oh. Em. Gee. 

Davison is so far beyond done. I'm just so glad he's as pissed as I am. Says that they don't deserve the fan base we have.

Davison said one thing that was totally on point.  Sharpe made a comment on what it was going to take to make a bowl and MD took it from there.......

Im paraphrasing, but he basically said "Is this what Nebraska football has become?  Fighting to become bowl eligible.  We should be fighting for conference championships.  This is totally unacceptable."

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Davison said one thing that was totally on point.  Sharpe made a comment on what it was going to take to make a bowl and MD took it from there.......

Im paraphrasing, but he basically said "Is this what Nebraska football has become?  Fighting to become bowl eligible.  We should be fighting for conference championships.  This is totally unacceptable."

I KNOW! At that point we were driving home from the game and when I said that I went "amen!" Lol

13 hours ago, jessica0 said:

TN job is opening up. Their AD has scheduled a presser. Time for Nebraska to show some balls and fire Riley tomorrow or even tonight. Just kill off the incompetence from the fired AD and fix things. 

If they Terminate Riley, it will come from the President of the university and not the acting AD.  Not sure any terminations will happen until a new AD is announced.  Would be nice if Trev Albert's changed his mind about the NU Lincoln job.

Edited by San Diego Husker
23 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Rimington said the other day on the radio coaching a football team isn’t hard.  He has the power, let’s see if he has the balls to do what needs to be done.  If it’s not that hard he could Alvarez this thing and name himself interim HC for the remainder of his time.

That would be the greatest thing to happen at NU since 1997.

31 minutes ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

Rimington said the other day on the radio coaching a football team isn’t hard.  He has the power, let’s see if he has the balls to do what needs to be done.  If it’s not that hard he could Alvarez this thing and name himself interim HC for the remainder of his time.

Just another example of why Rimington has no business making any major decisions. 

• Plus1 7