Ohio State Game....What Did We Learn?

Hayseed

I predicted 59-13, I learned nothing except that the probability of giving up 8 CONSECUTIVE TD DRIVES has got to be incredibly low, but credit the Pinkshirts, THEY DID IT!(just like they did last year @ their house).

NE is essentially a cupcake.

What an f'ing joke, fire the grossly overpaid bums!

Edited by Big Red Commie

Someone help me here......I watched the d line very closely last night.  What is with sitting back, basically on their heels with one hand up by their face do?  I was always taught to put more weight on your hands and get that weight leaning forward. That is basic fundamentals. Diaco’s scheme is horrible. Rush 3 drop 8??? We cant cover for that long. And why in the hell are we 10 plus yards off receivers when its 3rd and 5????

I learned that we need to rip the band aid off and start over. Why would any recruit come here? 97 was last Natty. Most, if not all these kids weren’t even born yet. Let that soak in. They have no clue of the dominance Nebraska had for many years. If I was a recruit, I wouldnt come here. Would you? 

It is sickening watching this team perform like this. I actually feel sorry for the kids. 

I learned that there is no point in trying to act like Mike Riley will be here next year at this point anymore. I've tried to remain positive and refrain from talking about who will replace Riley as coach but after last night there's no doubt about what is coming. If the players believed in him enough to want him to stay, you put up a bigger fight than what we saw last night 

I learned that Tanner Lee has actually made some strides back there and is starting to look more comfortable. It's really hilarious to watch how many of his passes get dropped per game that are right on the money. JD Spielman is the best WR on this roster and he was a lacrosse player two years ago. 

Bob Diaco is going to find some difficulty landing another P5 DC job. His track record so far at NU combined with his last season at UConn are no bueno

We've reached the point as a program where everyone in the stadium was numb to losing by 35 at half. People in the crowd laughing and joking before packing up and heading out at half. I spent almost $1k on flights/hotels/game tickets and left in the third quarter. Can bet your ass I won't be back if HCMR is.

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

I learned that there is no point in trying to act like Mike Riley will be here next year at this point anymore. I've tried to remain positive and refrain from talking about who will replace Riley as coach but after last night there's no doubt about what is coming. If the players believed in him enough to want him to stay, you put up a bigger fight than what we saw last night 

I learned that Tanner Lee has actually made some strides back there and is starting to look more comfortable. It's really hilarious to watch how many of his passes get dropped per game that are right on the money. JD Spielman is the best WR on this roster and he was a lacrosse player two years ago. 

Bob Diaco is going to find some difficulty landing another P5 DC job. His track record so far at NU combined with his last season at UConn are no bueno

We've reached the point as a program where everyone in the stadium was numb to losing by 35 at half. People in the crowd laughing and joking before packing up and heading out at half. I spent almost $1k on flights/hotels/game tickets and left in the third quarter. Can bet your ass I won't be back if HCMR is.

Lee is proving to me the hype was real. He is pretty unflappable mentally and his arm talent is obvious. Decision making still needs to come along but he's already made pretty large strides in this department. If he stays on this trajectory  he will get drafted no doubt in my mind.

Spielman is a beast, love the way he plays. Comes up big when we need him to. 

• Plus1 1