** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, ATS Knight said:

Is this level of knowledge and insight common among Nebraska fans? Or is this more the exception? Serious question despite the sarcasm. 

The "quotes" are from a podcast posted earlier in the forum.

http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-aac-daily-is-scott-frost-staying-in-orlando-with-ucf.html

My responses to said quotes are mine and mine alone, however :)

I think that it is unwise for any fan base (including our own) to comment on what a coach will or won't do, based on who he is and where he comes from.

He is going to do what is best for him and his family, and, if that means spurning his Alma Mater for a different job (or keeping that one), he will.

To say, however, "Yeah, he can spend a quiet night out with his wife at dinner" shows a lack of understanding of what another team means to that fan base.

Here's an example - I was stationed in Ft. Riley, KS, for 3 years.

The team they follow down there is KSU.  I interacted with their fans (was behind enemy lines, basically), watched some of their games when I couldn't get to see mine.

I know what the team means to them down there, I lived there for 3 freaking, long, annoying years!  So when I say, "I hate KSU football," take me at my word.

I couldn't make the same statement for UCF football - I don't know their fan base.

I know their coach likes to pheasant hunt, and there ain't many pheasants (maybe peasants) down there in Orlando...:D

Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

Huh? Expound please?

Nothing much to expound on. While a buddy and I were talking about the senior players meeting he received an email from Moos. It was just a Happy Thanksgiving form letter. Thought it was kindof funny given the situation where everybody is on edge waiting for news from the athletic department.

• Plus1 1

So, if SF really planned to stay in UCF without questions, 100%. Wouldn't he just sign the contract extension they offered right now? That takes all the heat and speculation off him, the university, players, recruits, etc. and let's them focus on the CCG and future Bowl game.

• Plus1 3

One time Scott Frost showed up to practice in shorts. He then ran out on the field to run scout team qb because UCF was playing navy who is a triple option team. He took the ball under center and faked out one of his own defenders and ran past everybody and the play stopped. He juked a D1 athlete out at age 42, unreal. Anyway, this story happened at a practice so I thought it was cool.

If you have heard it before you can thank Twitter or you never would have seen your greatness running the option. 

• Plus1 1

So seems more and more local guys are setting the narrative on someone else besides Frost. Anyone else getting this? Don't know if it's their little game to amp us up and all be relieved when it is named Frost, just furthering all the fans getting on the same page, or if there is real chance he isn't coming.

• Plus1 1
Just now, BoneyardHusker said:

So seems more and more local guys are setting the narrative on someone else besides Frost. Anyone else getting this? Don't know if it's their little game to amp us up and all be relieved when it is named Frost, just furthering all the fans getting on the same page, or if there is real chance he isn't coming.

No one knows. Maybe you can email Bill Moos on who he is going to hire. That will tell you all you need to know.

Or

You can wait it out as none of the media guys really have connections to what is going on. 

1 minute ago, HuskermanMike said:

One time Scott Frost showed up to practice in shorts. He then ran out on the field to run scout team qb because UCF was playing navy who is a triple option team. He took the ball under center and faked out one of his own defenders and ran past everybody and the play stopped. He juked a D1 athlete out at age 42, unreal. Anyway, this story happened at a practice so I thought it was cool.

If you have heard it before you can thank Twitter or you never would have seen your greatness running the option. 

story with video:  https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/10/19/16503056/ucf-navy-scott-frost-scout-team-quarterback-option-offense