Erik Chinander

Just now, NWHuskerfan said:

Yeah only problem unlike the Big 12 the Big 10 actually plays defense and smash mouth FB.

They have some of the worst offenses, worst running games in the country, and the best, most consistent offense/running game in the conference the past several years is Urban Meyer's.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

Yeah only problem unlike the Big 12 the Big 10 actually plays defense and smash mouth FB.

Venables took some heat at OU for his defense at times. Now he’s a genius in the ACC. Everyone likes to say they don’t play D in that conference, but not enough credit is given to how good some of those offenses are as well. Over the years we’ve seen vaunted Big10 defenses like Michigan St. in the college playoff Get ripped open by good offenses

Edited by olddominionhusker
  • Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I agree.  The Big Ten is a defensive focused and run-focused league and continues to produce great RB's.  I am curious how Frost's defense handles the power running games as it seems most of UCF's competition this year (outside of Navy) was more pass heavy.

Chinander's defense has been good, not great this year. Either way, what they did this year is far better than how Nebraska performed.

If you're looking for the silver lining, keep in mind that UCF's offensive was very good this year. Scoring a lot of points AND playing great defense is tough. You're putting defense out there a lot. And, in today's college football with all the powerful offenses and a rule book tuned in favor of offenses, it's all about scoring a lot and limiting the damage. That's what UCF did all year.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

At least he rushes the passer with more than 3 guys. USF and Memphis put a lot of points on that defense but both those teams have better offenses than just about everyone in Nebraska's division.

In terms of yards per play, UCF and Memphis rank 3rd and 4th in the country, respectively.

The Big Ten West:

Wisconsin 21

Nebraska 65

Purdue 69

Northwestern 95

Iowa 99

Minnesota 114

Illinois 123

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, brophog said:

In terms of yards per play, UCF and Memphis rank 3rd and 4th in the country, respectively.

The Big Ten West:

Wisconsin 21

Nebraska 65

Purdue 69

Northwestern 95

Iowa 99

Minnesota 114

Illinois 123

Good post, Nebraska wont be going up against guys like Ferguson and Flowers very often

6 hours ago, NWHuskerfan said:

I'm almost certain Oklahoma beat one of the teams in the B1G championship game and are already in the CFP.  So yes, please let NE be the Oklahoma of the B1G.

Edited by InOmaha
7 minutes ago, brophog said:

Though I will admit I was hoping Brohm went to Tennessee. He'll get them moving up those ranks once he can get some better personnel.

I think Purdue is a coaching graveyard. They top out at the seasons with Joe Tiller. I'm not sure Brohm can overcome Purdue's suckiness.

3 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I think Purdue is a coaching graveyard. They top out at the seasons with Joe Tiller. I'm not sure Brohm can overcome Purdue's suckiness.

You may be right. But he gave everything in trying to generate an offense last year. A coach like that impresses me.