Optimism

I watched the game, and the most amazing thing was that there never seemed to be UCF players being carried off the field.  Better conditioned, better prepared, playing what I felt was supposed to be a vastly more talented, gifted team.  Having players making it thru games has been hard at Nebraska, maybe Coach Frost and his S&C know the secrets that have devastated Nebraska the last few years.

Edited by skersfan
6 minutes ago, skersfan said:

I watched the game, and the most amazing thing was that there never seemed to be UCF players being carried off the field.  Better conditioned, better prepared, playing what I felt was supposed to be a vastly more talented, gifted team.  Having players making it thru games has been hard at Nebraska, maybe Coach Frost and his S&C know the secrets that have devastated Nebraska the last few years.

They do, it is called playing fast and aggressive and training the same way. 

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Hope coaching one team isn't boring for them.   LOL

I think Frost and Co. should adopt a new struggling team every year and coach them in their bowl game to help them out.

It’s like Teammates for struggling FBS programs. 

17 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

Watching the final two bowl games....I really think UCF could hang with any of these teams.  Would love to have seen a UCF / Bama final.

Except that no team that cannot win their division should be in the playoffs. Imagine Oklohoma vs UCF. The final score may have been 125-118 with UCF winning of course.

The last 3 years have really tested my fanatacism of not only Nebraska, but college football in general.  After a 4-8 year for the Huskers we cap it all off by an all SEC nationap championship.......I mean, really?

I'm as stoked for the future as the next guy, but in 2014 I basically gave up on being truly optimistic.  Excitement comes in small doses for me now and the moments are fleeting.  There hasn't been much to celebrate for too long and I'm just tired.  I want a reason to brag about my team again.  Merely saying "Go BiG Red" and expecting to get s#!t stomped by Wisconsin has grown quite tiresome.

I guess my whole point is this, please Scott Frost.....give us a reason to thump our chests again.

242 days....

• Plus1 1