Moos Restructures Athletic Department

5 hours ago, NM11046 said:

So can anyone tell me how this differs from what we had?  Did people lose jobs?  Get demoted? etc?  Are these people from outside UNL?  

I thought there was going to be a better answer but I haven’t seen it yet.  I don’t think there has been a large shift of duties - other than Frost reporting directly to Moos.  

From what I can tell, I think the main change is that mainly (only?) those six people - plus Frost - will report/work directly with Moos.  I think it was a much larger number under Eichorst.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, kengel2 said:

What is a "Senior Woman Administrator"?

I'm just guessing here but maybe the top (most senior) administrator for women's (not men's) sports. The other choice would be the highest ranking female (not male) administrator in the athletic department. That seems a little archaic so I doubt it's the latter.

• Plus1 1

What impresses me is that Bill Moos, according to the story, took two months of listening to what people had to say before he made any changes.  So often, CEOs (that's really what Moos is) make changes in their respective organizations and they never once ask those "on the ground" what they think of the changes.  As an anecdotal example: where I work the CEO wanted to give a certain company preference ahead of all the other companies we do business with because of the amount of money they spent.  Seems logical right?  Take care of your best customer?  Problem was, by prioritizing a certain company, all other orders had to wait until that particular company was taken care of.  Orders went from being fulfilled at roughly 92% on time metric to less than 75% and the majority of our other customers started complaining also.  So, after 6 months, we went back to just filling orders as they came in.  All of this could have easily been avoided if the "big brain" would have just asked us nobodies who do 99% of the heavy lifting what we thought.  Terrific leaders make the best decisions when they start asking for feedback from the ground up.  Bill Moos seems like he's that kind of leader.  Talk to the people first who will be the most affected by the decision/change.  Sometimes what seems like a good idea in theory or on paper doesn't work in reality.

• Plus1 4
6 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

What impresses me is that Bill Moos, according to the story, took two months of listening to what people had to say before he made any changes.  So often, CEOs (that's really what Moos is) make changes in their respective organizations and they never once ask those "on the ground" what they think of the changes.

Let's not forget that his bosses, Bounds and Green, did the same thing before they hired Moos! Little different result than when a guy like Perlman just ices out Osborne with decisions like this, huh?

On March 10, 2018 at 9:11 PM, Clifford Franklin said:

I do not know that we could have done much better than a Moos/Frost combo to try to reshape Husker athletics/football.

Guy seems like such a class act. Happy to have him.

Impossible. Moos is a perfect fit for this university and state. Only wish he were a little younger to have more time. 

And we don't get Frost without him.

• 3 weeks later...