HuskerNation1

Predict Final 2019 Team Ranking

I know we are still over 5 months away from National Signing Day and still have an entire season to look forward to, but given Nebraska's recruiting momentum of late, I wanted to start the thread for predicting NU's final 2019 Team Ranking.  My prediction is lucky #13 when you average all the major recruiting services, and I know that may sound high, but I think the team is going to surprise some people this year and recruits will quickly realize Nebraska is a program on the rise.

What say you?

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I know we are still over 5 months away from National Signing Day and still have an entire season to look forward to, but given Nebraska's recruiting momentum of late, I wanted to start the thread for predicting NU's final 2019 Team Ranking.  My prediction is lucky #13 when you average all the major recruiting services, and I know that may sound high, but I think the team is going to surprise some people this year and recruits will quickly realize Nebraska is a program on the rise.

What say you?

My guess is 20.

8 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What say you?

I'll say 19. I do think this team may surprise this year, but we'll be mostly full already so I think that will impact 2020 more than this year.

We are going to have a pretty big class, which unfairly helps your ranking...dumb. So I’m going to shoot high and go #14.

The one thing I have more confidence on with Frost and Co. is they wont have nearly as many kids de-commit later on. I think they tell a kid to take his time before giving his verbal. I assume we lose one here or there but overall I think we continue to trend up. Obviously other schools will also add more kids. 

I think we end up a few spots higher than last year. I'll guess 16th.

I am not as concerned because I think they are more focused on finding the right kid who mentally wants to work and fits system.

15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

What say you?

Have not studied the numbers much ... but with only 9 recruits left to bring in it appears we would need to bring mostly 4* talent in almost all positions to climb up that high.  I can certainly see a few of our current commits jumping up to 4*.  The type of athlete Frost is recruiting doesn't necessarily translate to star power in my opinion.  This, plus, it would seem a bit of a reach at this point to see some new 4-5* talent come on board and/or start to consider us.  

Really don't have much of an opinion or guess about where we end up now on NSD.  I do think it's already believed that we are a program on the rise and recruits have already noticed.