Bob Wager resigns…

As Nebraska’s Tight Ends Coach. He must have gotten a recent DUI, and Rhule forced him to resign. Josh Martin elevated to full-time assistant coach.

First bit of adversity for Rhule and his staff, but I like the quick decision by Rhule and holding his staff accountable on things they shouldn’t be doing. 

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m terrible at posting Tweets, but according to the police report, his BAC was over .15 (legal limit is .08), he had an open container in the vehicle, and was driving recklessly. This is not just having a couple of beers while out with dinner and being pulled over.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Damn. Another "we just can't have nice things" moment.  Next coach up.  Any impact on Carter Nelson?

I doubt it. I think McGuire (along with Kaelin) did more recruiting of Nelson. The one area this hurts is that Wager was brought in to be that pipeline to Texas high school coaches. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Hopefully he will be retained in some capacity and then be reinstated or "rehired" later on after this passes by.  

I think it's just fine to set an example for these young men that bad decisions have consequences.  He should remain not employed here, no matter where he recruits.

• Plus1 6