2023 Fall Camp - Dorm Life

42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Looks like they’re going all junction boys. Figured they would put em up in The Village or one of the newer suite style dorms.

That’s what I thought too.  For the guys living in houses or nice apartments, that’s going to suck.  These are like the dorms I lived in at UNK 25 years ago.  And those got torn down years ago…

I guess it’s one way to see who wants to be here and who doesn’t,

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That’s what I thought too.  For the guys living in houses or nice apartments, that’s going to suck.  These are like the dorms I lived in at UNK 25 years ago.  And those got torn down years ago…

I guess it’s one way to see who wants to be here and who doesn’t,

Well the move in pics below would suggest they are in the newer nicer housing after all. I mean these don’t look like HSS or Abel Sandoz. But I’m far from an expert on the current housing. My daughter lived in Smith 1 year and the Village another. But the pic Tony White posted was definitely one of the older cracker boxes.

40 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

4 hours ago, GSG said:

You know, if they turned those into bunk beds they'd have a lot more room for activities...

My roommate and I built our own in Harper freshman year and it did make more space, but I am still not sure how that thing didn't collapse and kill me since I was on the bottom.  We also had 3 guys in a 10x12 room, they have since stopped doing that, so we were desparate for more space.