*** Official Minnesota Game Thread ***

Mavric

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Where was Gabe Ervin in the 4th quarter?

Why would you put the ball in the hands of your most fumble-prone RB in the 4th quarter?

:dunno

This is the only valid criticism I've seen.

I was surprised to see AG out there when it was fairly well know he had fumble issues.  It's definitely a deal breaker for a RB regardless of his ability to run the ball.  I didn't see Ervin getting many carries and I don't really understand the thought process there.

Ball security > everything else. 

Rhule will get it fixed and this team has a great future. 

GBR and hopefully the pathetic loser fans GTFO!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, walksalone said:

What I’m hoping for is that Rhule sh*ts the bed so egregiously that we find a coach, and maybe we can get somebody that knows how to win a f*ckin’ football game 

Already? The first game after having been handed a team that just wasn't up to par and already you're talking about getting a new head coach? It's a bit pessimistic isn't it? Let's see what this season turns into first.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Anthony Grant isn't the 1st string RB.... he's not because he's had fumble issues all spring. He's listed as the #3 back on the depth chart and what's he do.....FUMBLES.....no s#!t?! 

They said multiple times he "fumbles too much" in like articles from 2 or 3 weeks in a row, but they put him in and go figure he fumbles.  Sorry Grant, loved ya but if you cannot hold onto the ball, your only friggin job, there is a bench you can keep warm until you graduate or figure it out

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

O s#!t that was grant?  I thought it was ervin, nvm then on that

And if Gabe was the "clear #1" why not feed that dude all game.  Some one said earlier in the off season that the Satt offense was not based on runing the ball or body blows.  It showed. His play calling was for sh!t.  Our only TD on a busted trick play....

If Sims is our guy.  Use him like every other athlete playing QB NU had.  Run first.  PA passing and a brutal running game.  Simple.

• Plus1 1

Matt Rhule getting just a taste of what it's like here.

We had it, but the false starts inside the 5 yard line f***ed it.

We actually had some good moments that led up to that first one where we were in 11 man and getting a little bit looser.

Oh well. I expected to lose this one.

2 minutes ago, 307husker said:

This is the only valid criticism I've seen on this pathetic board of losers.

I was surprised to see AG out there when it was fairly well know he had fumble issues.  It's definitely a deal breaker for a RB regardless of his ability to run the ball.  I didn't see Ervin getting many carries and I don't really understand the thought process there.

Ball security > everything else. 

Rhule will get it fixed and this team has a great future. 

GBR and hopefully the pathetic loser fans GTFO!

So it's the fans that have sold out the games for forever that are to blame. Got it!

• Plus1 1

Just now, lo country said:

And if Gabe was the "clear #1" why not feed that dude all game.  Some one said earlier in the off season that the Satt offense was not based on runing the ball or body blows.  It showed. His play calling was for sh!t.  Our only TD on a busted trick play....

If Sims is our guy.  Use him like every other athlete playing QB NU had.  Run first.  PA passing and a brutal running game.  Simple.

And if you do insist on having him throw, get him out of the pocket. Then he also has a run option and MAYBE he won’t lock onto his one receiver. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He was not good at Tech and looks worse here.   Why the f$&& can a Nebraska QB just not turn the ball over?   Like,  maybe just one year please.   Sims sucks, Purdy played awful last year and until this team has a competent QB, the team with not have a winning season.  Simple as that.   

I have no idea why we even looked at him.  First game i saw him 2 INT's in the redzone and they lost, 2nd and last time i saw him 4 turnovers and they lost.  I didn't watch a lot of him but then again I had no clue he would be our starting QB.  

12 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Sims and Satterfield.  2 of those 2 INT's were Sims fault

For some reason Thompson isn’t here and Sims isn’t the backup. Whoever caused that lost this one. But we saw some good solid play on defense and special teams too, plus a really good offensive series of running plays that we immediately went away from.