Will Rhule make it to year 4?

BoSolich

Our issues run deep and it's going to be a process turning the ship around. Questionable decisions were made for sure though there are multitude of contributing factors that culminated in the result turnovers and mental errors being the main culprits. I'm mystified as to why Irvin wasn't run more. Sims has to make better decisions, the scheme needs some adjusting and his receivers have to help him out, too.  Upgrades to the lines, especially on the offensive side of the ball are evident as well. 

Wow, I thought Minnesota had bad fans.

Based on last night's performance, I'd say Rhule is building a team that will be physical, detail oriented, and play at an accelerated pace.  And if he can get the personnel, that will be a winning combination.

Put the brakes on the loser bandwagon.  Your new coach, in his first game with an under-construction roster, playing new schemes, against a pretty good Big Ten team, on the road...almost won.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

The team is pretty young and played hard football last night, especially on defense. Compared to this time last season, it is night and day how much better they are. The defense should keep Nebraska in most games.

The problem Matt Rhule and Nebraska football faces at the moment is they're trying to build a foundation without a QB on the roster. They also have very little talent on offense. To answer your question - Rhule is probably here in year 4. Even though I can see a world where the new divisionless B1G eats Nebraska up and the QB of the future - currently at Bellevue West - doesn't develop fast enough to get Nebraska on the right track in years 2-4. It's pretty clear that Jeff Sims doesn't see the field, so trying to make him work in year 2 is not a wise move. Develop the guy of the future next season - use Sims skillset as a runner to find 6 wins on the schedule. Don't make him a pocket passer.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

Wow, I thought Minnesota had bad fans.

Based on last night's performance, I'd say Rhule is building a team that will be physical, detail oriented, and play at an accelerated pace.  And if he can get the personnel, that will be a winning combination.

Put the brakes on the loser bandwagon.  Your new coach, in his first game with an under-construction roster, playing new schemes, against a pretty good Big Ten team, on the road...almost won.

BoSolich and HuskerX do not speak for the fanbase in its entirety, so how about you stop with the generalizations . I'm pretty sure at least one of them is Scott Frost.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, BoSolich said:

-TE felony arrest

-lets casey thompson walk

-couldn't beat a below average minnesota team. 

-loses our best linebacker in a transfer to michigan

-makes an 8-25 QB our starter

-says grant has fumbling issues. puts grant in when all we needed to do was not fumble

-couldn't find 1 go to receiver to throw to.

i'm probably missing some other stuff, but you get the idea. 

We have below average talent. If you expected 6+ wins this year then you would have had unrealistic expectations. Rhule inherited a crap show. 

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, HuskerX said:

Minnesota showed themselves to be the doormat of the Big Ten West last night. Huskers didn’t lose that game — we GAVE IT AWAY.

Good coaches win in Year 1. Happens every season. Rhule had better get back to that portal and find himself a QB or else our team is FUBAR’D this season.

Tell me one coach who inherited a team who hasn't had a winning record in 5 years and turned it around in year 1?  I bet you cant.