Triaging the QB room

Scarlet

20 hours ago, floridacorn said:

To your point, Kemp absolutely allows the defender to flatten out the corner route and we know it was supposed to be a corner route because Rhule said it was.  I'm not sure I appreciate the wisdom of running a short area corner route to a 5'9 receiver in the first place, but I also thought Sims last pic was the result of Kemp flattening that corner route out as well.  Rhule's description of this play in the post game presser painted a picture similar to the pic in the Minnesota game, that's not what I see at all.  Kemp didn't take this to the corner and the CB didn't have to come off the #1 receiver to make the play, it was thrown right to him as he tracked the #1 receiver inside.  

I've watched this numerous times and I have a hard time believing he's not trying to get the ball to Coleman and he quits on the route because he thinks he's a decoy for the corner.  If he's trying to squeeze this ball into Kemp on the 7 he flattened out, all I can say is irrational confidence.  

I'd add, I'm not sure why you would have Coleman delaying his break.  I would think you'd want Coleman clearing that defender so that pass could go behind him.

WRs were too close, some one ran a bad route.  Regardless, this ball should not been thrown.

• TBH 1

Not sure what can be done with this group at this point.

Single wing. With a few waggle passes incorporated in. Focus on short yardage gains and conversions keeping drives alive. Burn as much clock as you can. Get into field goal range around the 25. Kick field goals thereafter minimizing potential opportunities interceptions and fumbles. Emphasize forcing turnovers on defense and scoring as many field goals off the turn overs.

Fake punts given the situation. Only if relatively deep in the opponent's territory or, if there's considerable doubt that a field goal can be executed due to wind, rain, snow, ice, Etc. Let's do better with situational decisions as well. 

Big bowls of ice cream for the top four players with the highest yardages gained (If does not violate regulations). Likewise for any player that causes a change of possession to us.  Anyone responsible for giving the ball away cleans up around the locker room areas (including toilets) and does a lot of running. That goes for anyone that commits a costly penalty. Extend the cleaning to other locations as necessary. 

Give Purdy more chances to see what he can accomplish. Can't be much worse (or maybe it can) than what we've witnessed transpire thus far. Do whatever possible to squeeze out one more win to be bowl eligible. Evaluate staff performances across the board as the season commences. Hit the portal hard for a legitimately competent quarterback that can operate the offense effectively. 

Enough trying. Cease saying "try" replacing it with "Intent to" whenever and wherever applicable. Let's GO Team!!!

:dunno :restore

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

HOL reporting Purdy has a groin injury that may require surgery after the season.  Sounds like it's what's been bothering him all year.  Not that he can't play in the last two games but obviously not 100% and at risk of reinjury.

Callahan said this morning he was scheduled to have surgery this week.  Not sure if that's going to happen now or not.

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Am I dreaming or did we play a game in Ames (maybe 2010???) when T-Mart was hurt and Cody Green got concussed during the game so we went wildcat with Burkhead for most of the game?

Maybe we review the film of that game and put in some new plays.

That would require NU to have a running back as talented as Rex Burkhead, along with another one as talented as Roy Helu to play RB along the “Wildcat QB”. 

• TBH 1
3 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

I think it would be Jack Woche from IMG Academy? Transferred from Ole Miss and walked on this year I believe.

No disrespect to him intended, but he was also a walk-on at Ole Miss and essentially a walk-on in high school at IMG. Threw 9 passes his senior year of high school - although I imagine he played on their B-squad, they field several teams. #4 is probably Luke Longval from IWCC, although he also hasn't really played - he redshirted his one year at IWCC.

The best high school QB we have on our roster is probably Gage Stenger.