What Brought Us Joy? Minnesota / Colorado Edition

Kayvan

With all the (very reasonable) negativity the past few weeks all over the board, I thought it might be nice to pull some sunshine from my a$$. Join me? And please try and focus on the positive? :)

1. Our quarterback’s mistakes aside, when that game today was tied 0-0 late in the second quarter, I was pretty happy for a little bit. I don’t think anyone expected that.

2. Our defense can be nails if we can start killing clock and quit making stupid mistakes on offense. Cam Lenhardt can be a stud. Van Poppel showed up today. If Tony White hangs around, I’m excited for that side of the ball. 

3. Our next two games SHOULD be very winnable and allow us to regain our composure. Play some young guys, play some new guys on offense, and get back on track.

4. The Big Ten West still sucks  I won’t lose hope for a bowl game until we are mathematically eliminated, as usual.

5. Watching the SEC get their butts kicked the past two weeks by the ACC and Big 12 has been a pleasure…and seeing Alabama get their butts stomped at home and their fans empty out before the game is over was a great way to end my football watching night.

• Plus1 3

Just now, The Dude said:

The defense has been a joy to watch for the most part.   Just a scrappy group.  Kinda expected Colorado to do what they wanted all day but the defense held them in check for half the game.

We had a decent start to the 3rd quarter too it was 13-7 with 6 minutes left in the quarter then we just got gassed 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

33 minutes ago, Kayvan said:

With all the (very reasonable) negativity the past few weeks all over the board, I thought it might be nice to pull some sunshine from my a$$. Join me? And please try and focus on the positive? :)

1. Our quarterback’s mistakes aside, when that game today was tied 0-0 late in the second quarter, I was pretty happy for a little bit. I don’t think anyone expected that.

2. Our defense can be nails if we can start killing clock and quit making stupid mistakes on offense. Cam Lenhardt can be a stud. Van Poppel showed up today. If Tony White hangs around, I’m excited for that side of the ball. 

3. Our next two games SHOULD be very winnable and allow us to regain our composure. Play some young guys, play some new guys on offense, and get back on track.

4. The Big Ten West still sucks  I won’t lose hope for a bowl game until we are mathematically eliminated, as usual.

5. Watching the SEC get their butts kicked the past two weeks by the ACC and Big 12 has been a pleasure…and seeing Alabama get their butts stomped at home and their fans empty out before the game is over was a great way to end my football watching night.

Agree!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, commando said:

the portion of the fan base that loves to b!^@h and whine about nebraska football is very happy right now

You think people actually enjoy doing this? I would give anything to be a good football team and talk positively about the program. But there isnt much to be positive about these days and it is nice to be able to vent the frustrations a little. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1