malachi coleman

BoSolich

18 hours ago, BoSolich said:

maybe post a relevant stat to the topic at hand like passing yards between nebraska and colorado

i'll do it for you. CU 1784 vs NE 697

Does it really matter how many passing yards CU has if they are losing? And since when are stats that show gross incompetence (such as CU's defense) irrelevant?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, LennynSquiggy said:

Does it really matter how many passing yards CU has if they are losing? And since when are stats that show gross incompetence (such as CU's defense) irrelevant?

20 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

Seems like a Kirk Cousins argument. He has all these yards but it doesn't squat. 

All the same, Colorado has one more win than us and their receivers are getting the ball. It's not that crazy to ask. If you're losing some games anyway, you might as well lose them while getting a chance to impact the game.

That being said, I don't think he's going anywhere. He was starting to get more snaps, missed last week while in the concussion protocol from a hit in practice according to Rhule.

• TBH 4
1 hour ago, LennynSquiggy said:

or Prime wont be there in two years.

or stars dont mean youre and instant contributor

edit:  and I don't think CU D stats show incompetence.  It's pretty remarkable what they've done.  I thought it would be a dumpster fire and it's been anything but.  The question at this point now is "Is it sustainable".  I think that's unlikely, but who knows anymore.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

All the same, Colorado has one more win than us and their receivers are getting the ball. It's not that crazy to ask. If you're losing some games anyway, you might as well lose them while getting a chance to impact the game.

That being said, I don't think he's going anywhere. He was starting to get more snaps, missed last week while in the concussion protocol from a hit in practice according to Rhule.

Anyone arguing Sanders is Kirk Cousins… sign me up. I’d rather lose trying to score than playing not to lose by 50. 

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Anyone arguing Sanders is Kirk Cousins… sign me up. I’d rather lose trying to score than playing not to lose by 50. 

We tried that once and Callahan got ran out of town, because not only did he try not to lose by scoring he still also lost by 50 in doing so.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, soup said:

We tried that once and Callahan got ran out of town, because not only did he try not to lose by scoring he still also lost by 50 in doing so.

What did that “number 1” rush defense get us on Saturday? I guess we can settle on being Iowa’s ugly step brother. No QB, recruit TEs and the first team to score 17 wins. The difference is they understand you need and o-line/d-line to compete. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 10/2/2023 at 4:09 PM, soup said:

I really wish I had some insiders from that era, before the last season when the defense quit, Cosgrove's defense kept us in so many games while the offense was figuring it out. We went to the Championship game in KC with an average offense and a great defense. The athletes were there, they busted their butt for him for multiple years and then the bottom fell out for some reason in year 4.

Now back to Coleman, haven't heard how severe his concussion is, and don't think he's played the necessary games to burn a RS. At this stage, with this QB play, it makes sense to shut him down for the year, learn the playbook, become a good to great route runner and work to be a viable threat with hopefully an improved QB and line play next year.

4 hours ago, Madcows said:

I really wish I had some insiders from that era, before the last season when the defense quit, Cosgrove's defense kept us in so many games while the offense was figuring it out. We went to the Championship game in KC with an average offense and a great defense. The athletes were there, they busted their butt for him for multiple years and then the bottom fell out for some reason in year 4.

Now back to Coleman, haven't heard how severe his concussion is, and don't think he's played the necessary games to burn a RS. At this stage, with this QB play, it makes sense to shut him down for the year, learn the playbook, become a good to great route runner and work to be a viable threat with hopefully an improved QB and line play next year.

I think the only game he didn't play was MN

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Madcows said:

So that's the 4 games he's played. Shut him down and preserve the RS.

Redshirts are gone.  You produce or you get processed out.  Or you don't play and you leave on your own.

You will hardly ever see guys that have been on the same team for 5 years anymore.  And if you do, it probably means they sucked by stayed and don't play or the coaches messed up in recruiting and are stuck.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 4
7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Redshirts are gone.  You produce or you get processed out.  Or you don't play and you leave on your own.

You will hardly ever see guys that have been on the same team for 5 years anymore.  And if you do, it probably means they sucked by stayed and don't play or the coaches messed up in recruiting and are stuck.

I don't think Rhule works that way. He's not a bandaid fix type guy. He's going to go to the root cause and fix it. IMO, Rhule will take advantage of RS and develop players, one of the selling points of Rhule we all heard about when he was hired was how he took 2&3* kids at Temple and Baylor and made them NFL guys. He's not building a team on 3 and done players, he wants guys here to mold and teach for 4-5 years.

Just now, Madcows said:

I don't think Rhule works that way. He's not a bandaid fix type guy. He's going to go to the root cause and fix it. IMO, Rhule will take advantage of RS and develop players, one of the selling points of Rhule we all heard about when he was hired was how he took 2&3* kids at Temple and Baylor and made them NFL guys. He's not building a team on 3 and done players, he wants guys here to mold and teach for 4-5 years.

It is not up to him though.  The players have the power now, as they should.

They decide if they want to stay or go.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
Just now, teachercd said:

It is not up to him though.  The players have the power now, as they should.

They decide if they want to stay or go.

Depends on the player, and the type of player he recruits. He seems to want the 'green' speed guys that he can mold, not the near finished products that just want exposure

• TBH 1