What players leave? 2023/24 version

10 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

2020 recruiting class should be the last class with a “free COVID year”. That means it will still be a possibility for guys to use a 6th year for the 2025 season. I think most coaches will start to push guys along, as Rhule is doing.

To me these guys should be considered RJr. as that is really what they are right now. They would be RSr. next year and then can use the COVID year in 2025. I don’t see Rhule running off productive RSr.’s like Hutmacher.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

To me these guys should be considered RJr. as that is really what they are right now. They would be RSr. next year and then can use the COVID year in 2025. I don’t see Rhule running off productive RSr.’s like Hutmacher.

I was gonna say I wouldn't mind seeing Nash around for another year.

A presence like that is always gonna make any defense better... I think he gets drafted late, maybe even middle rounds if he puts together some monster games

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

I was slightly mistaken about the class of 2020 guys. They would only have eligibility into 2025, if they used a redshirt after 2020.  Hutmacher is technically a Junior, with only 1 year or eligibility left. He played 11 games in 2021, 12 games in 2022, and has seen action in all 5 games in 2023.  I remember some people who were upset about Logan Smothers “burning a redshirt” in 2021 when he played in 5 games after having a “free year” in 2020. 

5 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Portal addition ..... we need one good QB with no turnover machine history.  And a couple of OL's too.

Wouldn't be bad to have some WRs that play outside. Whoever the QB is next season (and I'm not sold it's anyone on the roster currently) needs to have at least one guy that DBs need to pay attention to and gameplan against.

• Plus1 3