Year One Success

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I understand that the loss to Minnesota sucked, but maybe NU isn’t where we are right now, without the losses to Minnesota or Colorado in the first 2 games. Teams aren’t going to win every 50-50 game, which Minnesota was. Also, maybe the players needed some adversity for the coaches to get their message to them. I just don’t like playing the “what if” game, especially when the Minnesota game seems like it was 2 years ago, not just 2 months ago. 

Of course.  Just saying Rhule's done a great job of coaching up this team this year and we'd all have collective wood now at 6-2.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Scarlet said:

Of course.  Just saying Rhule's done a great job of coaching up this team this year and we'd all have collective wood now at 6-2.

I got ya, if NU is were at 6-2 right now, Rhule would be getting a lot of national attention. But, I honestly like being under the radar right now, and finding ways to win each week is a lot of fun. 

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Let's review how all these other coaches that can make these quick turnarounds are doing for those wondering why Nebraska can't make the same quick turnaround (Power 5):

Jeff Brohm: 7-1

Matt Rhule: 5-3

Luke Fickell: 5-3

Deion Sanders: 4-4

Hugh Freeze: 4-4

Brent Key: 4-4

Zach Arnett: 4-4

Kenny Dillingham: 2-6

Ryan Walters: 2-6

Scott Satterfield: 2-6

Troy Taylor: 2-6

Wait, are you saying this unrealistic expectation I've concocted in my brain that believes every other program in the country has immediate success with a new coach is, in fact, wrong?!?!

How dare you.

:D

• Haha 4
21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'd love to see the Huskers get better in this final stretch. In a weird way, all the injuries are paving the way to a better Year Two. 

I think I might have preferred the old fashion way of getting backups playing time by destroying teams in the first 3 quarters.  But I agree these injuries may be a blessing in disguise 

• TBH 1

I also think the injury bug has been a blessing in disguise for the offense. 

These freshman/ backups haven’t learned to lose yet. While our offense is atrocious, they are getting better each week. Somebody new steps up and makes a big play when they need it. 

That said, I have had a little more rosey take on the offense than most. If they just keeping moving the ball on the ground and get some down field completions to keep the defense honest (which they are starting to) this offense could be pretty potent. Just gotta fix the turnovers! 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1