2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

According to SouthLincoln Husker we don't need him based on who we have on the roster and the how many people we have on the roster pretty sad to think he wouldn't want a NFL caliber player to try to help with the success of the program.

Not what I said, you think need every player in portal no matter the scholarship number. 

34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So it’s not happening based on your anger towards another poster!?!?   Great analysis.   

CSI

16 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Not what I said, you think need every player in portal no matter the scholarship number. 

CSI

No I don't.  I throw out names based on who could possibly help.  You tend to ride with whatever player is on the roster and I tend to think that there some players that Nebraska could benefit from adding.  Thanks coach for worrying about the scholarship limit of 85.  Also when you haven't been to a bowl game for the last 7 years you should look at any way you can get there either by recruiting or by adding transfers or at least you would think so or maybe you don't care that we haven't been.  Sorry I do.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

The NCAA later clarified that NIL deals must be based on a true quid pro quo arrangement — meaning the athlete must do some work, whether it be a social media post, public appearance or TV commercial. It prohibits deals that are contingent upon an athlete’s enrollment at a certain school or upon athletic performance.

Agree they need to do the work or autograph signings or whatever, but is the amount paid for such things regulated? are QBs really putting in 1.6M of work?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, nic said:

Agree they need to do the work or autograph signings or whatever, but is the amount paid for such things regulated? are QBs really putting in 1.6M of work?

When reading the attached forum, 2 things were mentioned.  Good players would not be a walk-on as they could lose grants ect.  And more than a few would be considers pay & play.  One intriguing read was using Sr. As paid walk-ons, so like Fleming who is a graduate Sr. 

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

While I'll don't think we land him but could you only imagine how our offense would look next season with McCord, Fleming and Etienne.  Man that offense would be dangerous.  The number one running back in the portal, the fourth best wr in the portal and the ninth ranked qb. That would be fun to watch no doubt.  Instant contenders!!!!

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1