2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Didn't want to come to NU unless he was "promised" the starting job, but willing to go to ASU where a TFr started half their games before being hurt.

I'm assuming during his walk around campus he saw what every red blooded male also sees when you go to ASU and thought, "You know what coach, I'm here to compete."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2

29 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Pretty sure he was basically told he's not the starter and they are bringing in the best transfer QB they can find. He'd have the opportunity to win the job again, but I think it was going to be an open competition from day one. Which is pretty brutal when you went 11-1 with a close loss to the #1 team in the country - not guaranteeing your role is fine, but you'd expect to begin spring ball as the starter and I don't think he was going to.

This is about a guarantee to be the starter.  Rhule says yes, he's ours. 

50 minutes ago, Decked said:

Cuse staff is on a roll. Great coaches. And he is from PA so they are a lot closer. 

I wonder now that Syracuse is making a push with him if he is going to commit right away or the process is going to drag out longer and we have to play the waiting game with him.  If he doesn't commit right away then Nebraska could be put in the position of losing out on top transfer qb talent based off his decision.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I wonder now that Syracuse is making a push with him if he is going to commit right away or the process is going to drag out longer and we have to play the waiting game with him.  If he doesn't commit right away then Nebraska could be put in the position of losing out on top transfer qb talent based off his decision.

Well, if he drags this out, I would hope the staff would be talking to a couple other good QBs and possibly one would beat him to committing to us.

• TBH 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, if he drags this out, I would hope the staff would be talking to a couple other good QBs and possibly one would beat him to committing to us.

Most of the qb's that Nebraska has talked to have already committed else where.  The only name still out there that realistically we have a chance with that isn't committed is Will Howard.  Just hope Nebraska gains McCord's commitment so that way they don't have to scramble to try to get a qb at the last second.