Maryland Week Pressers

knapplc

10 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Love Rhule. Don't like him publically bringing this up though. Handle that with the BIG10 offices and instill the mentality that it's never ok to leave the game in the ref's hands. 

He spent a long time both acknowledging that officiating is really difficult and saying we need to play better to avoid even being in the situation. Said things like the missed PI, and missed face mask are just part of the game and don't bother him. But replay missing obvious calls is different - they have all of the time they want and had views clearing showing an outcome they didn't go with. I'm sure there was also a fun phone conversation with the Big Ten office.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

He spent a long time both acknowledging that officiating is really difficult and saying we need to play better to avoid even being in the situation. Said things like the missed PI, and missed face mask are just part of the game and don't bother him. But replay missing obvious calls is different - they have all of the time they want and had views clearing showing an outcome they didn't go with. I'm sure there was also a fun phone conversation with the Big Ten office.

Gotchya. That's positioned well then. I haven't been able to watch it yet. 

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

I will say, given my comment in the other thread about poor WR blocking, Coleman wasn't a guy I saw whiffing on blocks. The fact that he squared up and gave a solid hit to the LB is a lot more than some guys did all game.

15 hours ago, ZRod said:

I will say, given my comment in the other thread about poor WR blocking, Coleman wasn't a guy I saw whiffing on blocks. The fact that he squared up and gave a solid hit to the LB is a lot more than some guys did all game.

Coleman was great and everyone else did their job job on this play, except for the pulling guard who whiffed the block and then helped finish off the tackle of our ball carrier.  If he doesn't whiff it's a 10yrd run.  Instead it was 5.  

10 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Coleman was great and everyone else did their job job on this play, except for the pulling guard who whiffed the block and then helped finish off the tackle of our ball carrier.  If he doesn't whiff it's a 10yrd run.  Instead it was 5.  

Piper wasn't perfect, but I feel like he was pretty good about locking onto his guy when pulling or sometimes just blowing them up. JEJ and Lutovsky have definitely struggled with that, although a lot of their attempts were against the Purdue edge guys and this example was Nouili.