Coaches that have exceeded expectations or is this talent?

Combination. The Frost era was never too short on talent. It was the lack of development and discipline within the ranks that made it the challenge.

There are some on here that have jumped all over the WR coach and continue to do so. Not sure what people expect when you are throwing out true freshman with a suspect QB room.

Hopefully good things continue to happen and they can make strides. Getting bowl eligible will only add to the growth of these young guys...really hope that happens!

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, GlobalHusker said:

Very pleased with the WR response and RB’s given the injuries. Curious to know what others think if it’s the talent of the recruits or the coaching?

defensive step up is nothing short of amazing compared to last year.

The WR response? If Nebraska doesn’t go bowling, the leading receiver may have less than 300 yards. Coleman has 88 yards and isn’t a great route runner. Are you pleased with the blocking? 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, GlobalHusker said:

Very pleased with the WR response and RB’s given the injuries. Curious to know what others think if it’s the talent of the recruits or the coaching?

defensive step up is nothing short of amazing compared to last year.

Very difficult to judge this based on injuries throughout the season.  So many players that started the season...aren't playing.

I'm actually encouraged based on that.  Emmitt Johnson has progressed very nicely.  The young WRs are getting valuable experience but making freshmen mistakes.  

• Plus1 1

OWH had an article on McGuire this week, and how he has adjusted his coaching to work with the younger WR’s. McGuire has come down to the sideline during games, while Satterfield has gone up to the booth. Sounds like McGuire prefers to be able to do one on one coaching and encouragement during the games, which is good when the young group of WR’s have been forced to play more. https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-assistant-garret-mcguire-says-gameday-switch-has-helped-with-freshmen-receivers/article_1e554be1-b6b3-5d53-adf4-0e181477a295.html

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

13 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

OWH had an article on McGuire this week, and how he has adjusted his coaching to work with the younger WR’s. McGuire has come down to the sideline during games, while Satterfield has gone up to the booth. Sounds like McGuire prefers to be able to do one on one coaching and encouragement during the games, which is good when the young group of WR’s have been forced to play more. https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/nebraska-assistant-garret-mcguire-says-gameday-switch-has-helped-with-freshmen-receivers/article_1e554be1-b6b3-5d53-adf4-0e181477a295.html

I think this is very good when almost all of the WRs are young and all of them are relatively knew to the system.

I could see him going back to the booth if he gets to a point where he has older good WRs playing who can teach and coach younger players on the sideline for him.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Waldo said:

The WR response? If Nebraska doesn’t go bowling, the leading receiver may have less than 300 yards. Coleman has 88 yards and isn’t a great route runner. Are you pleased with the blocking? 

I may be mistaken but Coleman also has more drops than catches this season as well.  Other than Kemp most of our WR's have bricks for hands IMHO.  

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

I may be mistaken but Coleman also has more drops than catches this season as well.  Other than Kemp most of our WR's have bricks for hands IMHO.  

While he’s an amazing athlete, Coleman is a project at WR. He’s only been playing organized football since 9th grade.  He could be great down the road, but he could have been special if he was willing to bulk up and become a DE/OLB. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

No he sucks cuz he's 12 lolololol

/S

• Haha 4
  • TBH 1

Offensive line has been pretty good running the ball, and honestly, Benhart has had his best year this season. 

So maybe I should give some cred to Raiola (never thought I would say that). 

Teddy P was looking raw from not really playing the past few seasons, and coming off injury... but coming on strong lately, and he had his best game last week. 

J Evans-Jenkins has filled in nicely at G for being a center and basically knowing just that position.  And he's only going to get better with these reps. 

Lutovsky has rotated at G and does well in running game better than passing. 

Ben Scott has been pretty good at Center. 

I think not having Corc and Piper playing has made a positive impact, with better play coming from younger guys who took their spots.  NN does ok at times, gives his best, but inconsistent at times.

So yeah, the OL coach gets my surprised pick for exceeding expectations. :)

Coach White. I'd anticipated Tony would do well and he's exceeded that. Especially considering the change of defensive scheme. Even early on he had his unit playing well. He's a true gem. There's been a few lapses and games that were better than others though overall it's been a welcome surprise.

The way he leads and relates so well with the players is extra special. The other contributing staff staff there is deserving of credit as well and there's quite a bit of talent on that side of the bal.