Fire Satterfield

Decked

Just now, knapplc said:

The problem predates Satterfield. It's a culture issue.

Small chance the loss doesn’t make it to OT if Rhule or Satt played to win. 

Definite losing culture that still turns the ball over at excessive rates. I’m not sure who that falls on but probably not White 

• TBH 3
4 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Reading the Maxpreps rankings and watching actual football are two different things.

Pretend you’re a D -coordinator.  Look at our roster.  Which of our “top 25” 247 guys scare you?

Maxpreps? I said 247 and it’s a composite for all the talent evaluation out there. I guess these people should quit their careers because Secretasianman thinks otherwise.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, runningblind said:

We have been trotting out a bloody TE to play QB, so on the bench for injuries? That's where. Sims is a head case, but I understand wanting to try him. Haarberg is not a QB, round peg in a square hole.

Can't understand the point you're trying to make. I was referring to Purdy. Apparently Purdy has had an injury basically all season.

To my eye, Chubba Purdy is exactly the kind of QB that works best for this offense. Like, exactly the right guy.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, WWG1_we_GBR said:

For some reason, we aren't getting those players so there must be a reason. Why can't we isn't working for me anymore

We have consistently "recruited better" than all the teams in the West and only lower than UM, PSU and OSU in the East.  The inability to develop and retain them has been a huge issue for sure.  Kids want to play for a wining program.  We are currently not one.  Kids want to go to programs that will show case their abilities.  I have no real idea what our scheme is.  What skill position has shined.  Who is our game on the line he needs the ball guy.....We have no identity.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Undone said:

Can't understand the point you're trying to make. I was referring to Purdy. Apparently Purdy has had an injury basically all season.

To my eye, Chubba Purdy is exactly the kind of QB that works best for this offense. Like, exactly the right guy.

He definitely looked better in this offense than the other two

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, lo country said:

I'd give it a shot.  NU's O wouldn't work at that level either, but here we are.  "Better" athletes, hard to scheme for, unique, I'd try it.  Sure wouldn't be any worse.  

I don't think anyone is saying this is the offense we want, I simply don't think that one works either. We have to be able to function both running and passing, when the situation calls for it.   It's too easy for P5 defenses if you are one dimensional, as we have seen all year.

I want an OL. How the hell did we let Wisconsin and Iowa completely take over in OL. Even in years where they aren’t great in OL they are better than us.  We lost our physical culture and we are easy to beat. 

The defense has shown progress.  We need to regain a physical mentality and culture.

I’m tired of it. When 80% of the fans on this message board know what needs to get done and you don’t do it for 15 years we look like dumbasses. We need to get it together and rebuild the culture. Someone called our early offense efforts tonight SmashRaid.  That’s what our offensive identity should be “SmashRaid”.

SmashRaid plays to win, not for OT. SmashRaid gets 4th and 1 easily. Smash Raid goes up 14 and then 14 more. It’s a culture and we don’t yet have it. 

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

Reading the Maxpreps rankings and watching actual football are two different things.

Pretend you’re a D -coordinator.  Look at our roster.  Which of our “top 25” 247 guys scare you?

Who the f#&% on Iowa has scared a DC the last five years?????   Talent has been brought in.  Coaching has failed in many facets in regards to development on offense.  And an OC putting said poorly coached up kids in crap situations is not helping a thing.

NU is a s#!tshow.  Something we've known for years, this year the defense has just played above its talent, albeit against crap offenses for the most part, giving fans a glimpse of happiness/hope

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Undone said:

He was injured, isn't that what I just said and you highlighted? :lol: I was agreeing.

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I want an OL. How the hell did we let Wisconsin and Iowa completely take over in OL. Even in years where they aren’t great in OL they are better than us.  We lost our physical culture and we are easy to beat. 

The defense has shown progress.  We need to regain a physical mentality and culture.

I’m tired of it. When 80% of the fans on this message board know what needs to get done and you don’t do it for 15 years we look like dumbasses. We need to get it together and rebuild the culture. Someone called our early offense efforts tonight SmashRaid.  That’s what our offensive identity should be “SmashRaid”.

SmashRaid plays to win, not for OT. SmashRaid gets 4th and 1 easily. Smash Raid goes up 14 and then 14 more. It’s a culture and we don’t yet have it. 

I agree the culture needs to change, but I’m also willing to give Rhule a couple years to change it. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

We have consistently "recruited better" than all the teams in the West and only lower than UM, PSU and OSU in the East.  The inability to develop and retain them has been a huge issue for sure.  Kids want to play for a wining program.  We are currently not one.  Kids want to go to programs that will show case their abilities.  I have no real idea what our scheme is.  What skill position has shined.  Who is our game on the line he needs the ball guy.....We have no identity.  

Grahm Mertz is an excellent example of "buying recruiting rankings" in my opinion. He was awful at Wiscy, but decent at Florida. Rankings to me dont mean squat. Can you play? do you play? are you a baller or a pu&&y? That is all that matters. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, lo country said:

I have no real idea what our scheme is.  What skill position has shined.  Who is our game on the line he needs the ball guy.....We have no identity.

What skill position has shined? Well, let's see. Here are our injuries:

-Gabe Ervin

-Rahmir Johnson

-Marcus Washington

You want Chadwell's scheme, right? How is what we did tonight appreciably different than Chadwell's stuff? We ran option, we ran zone read. We run a bunch of stuff out of the "I" (which lifelong Husker fans generally are really happy about).

We needed Chubba's game that he had tonight against Michigan State & Maryland and we're 7-4 right now. Hell, make it 8-4 if he had played like tonight against Minnesota.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1