Fire Satterfield

Decked

5 hours ago, desertshox said:

He also has to take responsibility of the bionic leg of the punter. He has the ability to dial up a 35 yd or less kick.

The team's punter has not been good, and I completely agree with that.

However, I think you misunderstood the subtle message.  

You see, when a player does something good, he gets the credit and the cheers. 

When a player doesn't perform well, the easy thing to do is fault the coach.  Not to mention, but some fans do it kicking and screaming. 

Interceptions, fumbles, false starts, horrible punts?  Why blame the coach and yell "Fire him"? I guess it's because people don't want to place proper blame on players, like they are your friends and heroes, so it's easier to fault the coach.  

I mean, coaches can only work with what they have on the team. Including bad punters and 3 different quarterbacks, inexperienced receivers, freshmen place kickers, guys rotating on defenses, a ton of player injuries and a makeshift offensive line, etc, etc.  

I guess you could fire the position coaches.  Or you could find better players that play really good during the games. Just as good as they do in practices and offseason drills.  Or maybe you could make a change and put in a different player and hopefully they can play better on Saturdays? 

I get tired of drunk fans screaming that the solution is - "Fire blah blah blah!". 

Give credit to your opponents, complete passes, don't turn the ball over, and punt better because that is your job.  The coaches did all they could to help you and prepare you for the game.  

• TBH 3

Showing through 11 games it appears that we are 114th in offense.  And we lost to Iowa.  Who has the worst......Our offense, scheme, Satt or players is complete trash.  The sooner that Rhule admits that to ALL those involved, we will be here again next year.  IN the age of NIL and portal transfers, players, teams, schools are not built for a long term rebuild. Instant gratification is the name of the game.

• TBH 1