Tony White a Candidate for Syracuse HC Job

6 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

1 million per year now making 1.6 million.

I have to think that this holds him here possibly longer than just next year.  Let's say he has a very good defense again.  This amount is going to keep some smaller school from coming and getting him as HC.  If someone is going to take him as a DC, it's going to have to be a major player in P5.  AND....if they try, we can still raise it more.

Now, if a pretty good program comes and offers HC, then he probably would jump and everyone would understand.  Hope that happens eventually.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah...let's just hope that this year wasn't a fluke.  Now, programs have film of what he likes to do on defense and will be working in the off season to beat it.  Hope he's good at countering that.

Luckily gang tackling and physicality is tough to counter. As is pressure on the QB. That is what stood out to me about this defense

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 3
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have to think that this holds him here possibly longer than just next year.  Let's say he has a very good defense again.  This amount is going to keep some smaller school from coming and getting him as HC.  If someone is going to take him as a DC, it's going to have to be a major player in P5.  AND....if they try, we can still raise it more.

Now, if a pretty good program comes and offers HC, then he probably would jump and everyone would understand.  Hope that happens eventually.

This is an excellent problem for us to have as it would mean our defense takes another step forward next year 

• Oh Yeah! 1