Tony White a Candidate for Syracuse HC Job

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's wrong with that?

I think Alberts is grossly overpaid with his new deal. He got an absolute gift from Ted Carter on his way out the door. Trev is paid like a top ten 10 AD despite having ZIPPO in terms of notable accomplishments since he's taken over at Nebraska. I'll level with you though, I'm always going to hate his guts for what he did to UNO Wrestling and I'm way to close to that situation to be impartial unfortunately.

With that derail out of the way, I'm super pumped for Tony White to have secured a fresh new bag! GBR!

• Haha 7
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I think Alberts is grossly overpaid with his new deal. He got an absolute gift from Ted Carter on his way out the door. Trev is paid like a top ten 10 AD despite having ZIPPO in terms of notable accomplishments since he's taken over at Nebraska. I'll level with you though, I'm always going to hate his guts for what he did to UNO Wrestling and I'm way to close to that situation to be impartial unfortunately.

With that derail out of the way, I'm super pumped for Tony White to have secured a fresh new bag! GBR!

Volleyball Day was an accomplishment that no AD has done, ever.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

2 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Well, thanks for your response.  I honestly really don't care about anything he did at UNO.  I think he's done a good job at UNL and I have no problem with what he makes.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1
15 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, thanks for your response.  I honestly really don't care about anything he did at UNO.  I think he's done a good job at UNL and I have no problem with what he makes.

Yep, I totally get it and I fully realize I'm in the minority on this particular issue.

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Iowa's DC needs a raise.

I am a long time football coach in the state of Iowa, and I absolutely hate the Hawkeyes with a passion. With that said, Phil Parker is the best defensive coordinator in the big 10 and has been for years. What he has done over a long period of time is Fairly amazing . I believe his defense only allowed two rushing touchdowns all season this year.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am a long time football coach in the state of Iowa, and I absolutely hate the Hawkeyes with a passion. With that said, Phil Parker is the best defensive coordinator in the big 10 and has been for years. What he has done over a long period of time is Fairly amazing . I believe his defense only allowed two rushing touchdowns all season this year.

Phil Parker is an absolute wizard and Iowa has been very fortunate that he's been happy to stick as the DC all these years. I keep waiting for Ferentz to hang it up in the hopes that Nebraska would make a strong play at LeVar Woods.

12 minutes ago, HANC said:

So, I think he's been the DC since 2012, correct?  That's one reason why he has a lot of success.  They have had continuity in their staff.  He's good.  But, being there a long time makes him even better.

Question is, how can we get good coordinators and have them want to stay a long time like that?  Obviously, the new pay raise would go a long ways.  If the team would actually start winning and having success, it would help too.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

So, I think he's been the DC since 2012, correct?  That's one reason why he has a lot of success.  They have had continuity in their staff.  He's good.  But, being there a long time makes him even better.

Question is, how can we get good coordinators and have them want to stay a long time like that?  Obviously, the new pay raise would go a long ways.  If the team would actually start winning and having success, it would help too.

You also just have to find guys who don't want to be head coaches, and that's even harder than finding a good coordinator. 

• TBH 3
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

You also just have to find guys who don't want to be head coaches, and that's even harder than finding a good coordinator. 

Well, the same question for how do you keep a good HC long term once you find one.  We used to have legendary coaches like TO, Switzer, Bowden, Paterno....etc that stayed at programs a very long time.

Now, you either have HC that think they need to jump around every 4-5 years or fan bases that think all coaches need to be fired about that time instead of letting coaches that have had some success, but maybe lost a few games, work to maintain a program and keep improving.

It's one reason why OSU fans wanting Day fired is so stupid, just because he's lost to Michigan a few times.

36 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, the same question for how do you keep a good HC long term once you find one.  We used to have legendary coaches like TO, Switzer, Bowden, Paterno....etc that stayed at programs a very long time.

Now, you either have HC that think they need to jump around every 4-5 years or fan bases that think all coaches need to be fired about that time instead of letting coaches that have had some success, but maybe lost a few games, work to maintain a program and keep improving.

It's one reason why OSU fans wanting Day fired is so stupid, just because he's lost to Michigan a few times.

I also think the parody of teams made coaching jobs more even.  I didn't follow coaching jobs 30 years ago, but were OCs and DCs of teams like Nebraska, Michigan, etc really interested in going to directional state non power5 gigs?