Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

1 minute ago, Micheal said:

Any chance that still get a bowl invite? I don't know if there will be enough 6 win teams?

This program and its staff do not deserve a bowl bid based on academic reasons.  The professors and instructors should get that praise.  Tired of everyone and everything bending backwards for this "football program" to get rewarded for being awful.  Stop.  Based on football knowledge and the eye test, why would you invite Nebraska to any kind of bowl game?  Other than Nebraska fans, who would spend 3 hours watching this on TV?  I would rather take a 5-7 team that can score points and at least have an interesting game.  I would not tune in a bowl game to watch this sh!t show.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Rhule is a fraud, Satterfield is a fraud, but Purdy throwing it RIGHT TO an Iowa defender is OK?

That makes zero sense.

I agree it is too early to pin this on rhule.  We have low quality players from the previous coach.  He does need to do better with clock.  But it really boils down to the players not performing at the level they should.  This is Nebraska where their locker room is nicer than the pros.  They get free schooling, which I can saw from experience paying for my daughter is a lot and then they get food and so many clothes they can’t wear them all.   But yet they don’t pay for any of this on the field and the university asks for more n ow from the fans.  

• Plus1 2

Purdy is the only QB on this roster I would invite back for next season.  I am finding a new QB from the portal and then finding a good fit thru recruiting.

Finding a new line and finding a few more weapons.  Interestingly enough, but Steve Taylor said he would not come here as a recruit to play in this offense.  He says it lacks any kind of definition on what it is and what it wants to do.  If a 50 something former player would say this, what are HS players thinking right now?

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
6 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

This program and its staff do not deserve a bowl bid based on academic reasons.  The professors and instructors should get that praise.  Tired of everyone and everything bending backwards for this "football program" to get rewarded for being awful.  Stop.  Based on football knowledge and the eye test, why would you invite Nebraska to any kind of bowl game?  Other than Nebraska fans, who would spend 3 hours watching this on TV?  I would rather take a 5-7 team that can score points and at least have an interesting game.  I would not tune in a bowl game to watch this sh!t show.

I don't care about deserving it. I just want more practices.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

It’s culture.  This is a loser program.  There’s just so many little things that we do wrong that result in loses.  The football IQ of the team in general is just so bad.

Alvano is just another example.  He came here as a winner.  I think he had an awful season.

It’s better than it was, but it’s still broken.  

Disappointing way to end the season, but it seems fitting.  This is a rebuild. I hate Iowa.

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Rhule is a fraud, Satterfield is a fraud, but Purdy throwing it RIGHT TO an Iowa defender is OK?

That makes zero sense.

We should be questioning the in game decisions.

Not good end of game decisions the past three games. Why would you challenge a spot on second and one that could (and did) cost you a critical timeout?  How is your fg kicker not ready to get on the field?  You have to use a timeout to prevent a delay of game in the final minute?

Calling Rhule a fraud is too immature but if you have no concerns then your head is stuck in the sand.  Also, Satterfield being a fraud might not be immature.  All of South Carolina's fanbase wanted him gone. In fact, they have recently made a topic feeling sorry for us.  I don't think Satterfield is the answer 

I can honestly say that we just lost games to teams that are awful.  At least two years ago we lost one score games to good football teams.  This season we lost games to terrible teams.  We played in the worst conference in college football this season.  This was the chance to change some narratives within the conference and the nation.  We chose to poo poo down our leg once again.  Seriously, the clock management and in game decision making was rather awful down the stretch from this staff and its head coach.  Our defense really did play well most of the season, but against very bad offenses and its stats are misleading big time.  How many teams from other conference would have had defenses ranked high playing our schedule?  Ponder that before you answer honestly.