Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

16 minutes ago, lo country said:

9-10 wins...Bowling every year....Playing for conference championships....being ranked.....That's not saying much?  This is the stuff that's crazy.  A Bo Pelini team would be undefeated against the Riley, Frost, Rhule Huskers.....We are an also run program on life support right now.  

It was all paper thin. Remember how they’d get annihilated in every game that matters?

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

41 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Explain this statement please

The fact that Rhule isn’t even considering firing Satterfield, his buddy, is very similar to the nepotism of the last staff. 

After chinander was fired the defense did a complete 180. Just think if Frost had done his job and pulled the trigger when he should have. We are seeing it all over again just on the other side of the ball. Rhule hitching his wagon to Satterfield and what he brought with him will be his downfall. 

• Plus1 5

23 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

I am mad at the team but you really can’t attribute any of the points given up to the defense.

Not blaming the D for the points, just pointing out that they needed to step up and they didn't.  Every loss this year falls squarely on the shoulders of the offense and coaching staff, but that being said, Hill wasn't going to pass his way into field goal range.  No excuse to give up that big of a run at that point.  

2 hours ago, presidentjlh said:

There is an honest to goodness curse on this program. I am convinced.

Everyone says this about their programs, up to the second best in any sport. Stop it.

As a team, we (and any losing team) must admit what we’re doing is ineffective, put in the work to understand why, and put in the work to fix it.

No one else is to blame. No mysterious force against any team exists. There is luck, but it will meet the mean over time. At the end of the day, long term, you are what you make yourself. Twenty years of poor play leaves us no one to blame.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, presidentjlh said:

It was all paper thin. Remember how they’d get annihilated in every game that matters?

I'd go back to those days in a heart beat over the crap since he was fired TBH.  He struggled for multiple reasons, Carl leaving, Sanders being let go, admn hated him etc....But over the crap I have watched since then?  Absolutely.  

• Plus1 3