All-B1G Defense

Mavric

One of the problems is the top-4 scoring defenses are all in the Big Ten too, and 23 out of the 33 selections come from those schools. Then you've got some obvious guys like Newton from Illinois and Nubin from Minnesota, and there's just not a lot of spots left. I do think Nash and Ty deserve at least 3rd team though, and it is kinda dumb that your potential accolades depend on how other players perform.

It's apples to oranges, but Reimer did not have as good a year as the DL or several members of the secondary. He did have a good year though, and LB was relatively weak in the Big Ten.

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

salty language opinion

I am not sure where that 40 number is coming from, there are 12 DL on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams. Half are edge players - so are there 6 better DTs in the Big Ten? Quite possibly. I'd put them over both of the OSU DTs on the 3rd team, but that was a top-3 defense in the country so they get the benefit of the doubt.

• TBH 1

Best defense I've ever seen from the Blackshirts.  I don't remember the Big 8 studs, because that was so long ago and didn't get to see every game on TV.

But, this defense had DBs and Safeties coming up & making tackles at the point of contact, plus covering receivers.  The LBs rotated and attacked the RBs.  The DL was hard to run through, even on third and short or 4th and short.  And collectively put pressure on the QBs. 

Bottom line, this defense kept teams off the board during games, and kept teams from breaking long runs and connecting on deep passes that typically broke the games open in previous years.  

Points Allowed Each Game - Husker defense. 

Bold represents what I think was definitely enough to win games with a normal offense to help them out. (Even 24 should be enough to win IMO). 

This is sick and incredible.  

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, runningblind said:

Stop being drunk at 3 PM on a Tuesday, dude!  2009 and 2010 want to have a word. 

Let's go have wings, drinks, shoot pool and discuss it!  :woo

Seriously though, tell me what did 2009 and 2010 defenses do better?  You can talk about Peso (6-7 DB's at once!!!! That's fire!!!) and bring up Ndakamato Suh!!!!  

But hopefully, you can add more to what you are implying from those 2 old defenses that were clearly better than this year's defense. 

I don't mind listening and being proven wrong.  I am probably wrong and that's okay. But not far off though.  Maybe I'm just thinking that this is the best defense in the past 5 years.  Or 7 years.  2010 would be 13 years.  

Maybe I need a reminder instead? 

Tell me how good the 2009 & 2010 defenses did in comparison? 

With points allowed per game, yards per game, and other neat stats that was more impressive. 

I'd love to see the comparison, because I want to know if I am clearly wrong to think this was the best defense I have ever seen collectively.  

Show me those 2009 AND 2010 stats.  Then let's go shoot pool and grab wings :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, admo said:

Let's go have wings, drinks, shoot pool and discuss it!  :woo

Seriously though, tell me what did 2009 and 2010 defenses do better?  You can talk about Peso (6-7 DB's at once!!!! That's fire!!!) and bring up Ndakamato Suh!!!!  

But hopefully, you can add more to what you are implying from those 2 old defenses that were clearly better than this year's defense. 

I don't mind listening and being proven wrong.  I am probably wrong and that's okay. But not far off though.  Maybe I'm just thinking that this is the best defense in the past 5 years.  Or 7 years.  2010 would be 13 years.  

Maybe I need a reminder instead? 

Tell me how good the 2009 & 2010 defenses did in comparison? 

With points allowed per game, yards per game, and other neat stats that was more impressive. 

I'd love to see the comparison, because I want to know if I am clearly wrong to think this was the best defense I have ever seen collectively.  

Show me those 2009 AND 2010 stats.  Then let's go shoot pool and grab wings :)

Domo Arigato Ndakamato!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1