Best Qb after Taylor Martinez

6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Over the last 15 years?  College QB? Easily Taylor Martinez.  

1. TM

2. Tommy Armstrong

3. Adrian Martinez

4. Joe Ganz

5. Ron Kellogg

Then the rest...

I tend to think that Adrian had the better potential but Joe Ganz played better and had more team success bc of him.  You could make the discussion that Joe Ganz could be the number 2.

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

I tend to think that Adrian had the better potential but Joe Ganz played better and had more team success bc of him.  You could argue that Joe Ganz could be the number 2.

True.  2-5 is where the debate is.  Number one is TM; I think everyone will agree to that.

Well, except that one poster...

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, funhusker said:

True.  2-5 is where the debate is.  Number one is TM; I think everyone will agree to that.

Well, except that one poster...

Yeah. Healthy Taylor Martinez was getting legit Heisman buzz.

It's a pretty sharp drop-off after him. It'd have been interesting to see Adrian play behind a line that could protect him. And Ganz with more time with the 1s in practice.

• TBH 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Healthy Taylor Martinez was getting legit Heisman buzz.

It's a pretty sharp drop-off after him. It'd have been interesting to see Adrian play behind a line that could protect him. And Ganz with more time with the 1s in practice.

Adrian had a better arm, Taylor was a better runner.  Put AM on that same team and the results would be largely the same if I had to wager.  These questions always make me chuckle because a lot of it can be outside the control of the QB to what legacy they leave.   Adrian had PTSD after 2018 from playing behind these lines, Taylor had great lines, on and on.

8 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Adrian had a better arm, Taylor was a better runner.  Put AM on that same team and the results would be largely the same if I had to wager.  These questions always make me chuckle because a lot of it can be outside the control of the QB to what legacy they leave.   Adrian had PTSD after 2018 from playing behind these lines, Taylor had great lines, on and on.

I agree with you in general, but one of the major injuries for TM was because his 270 lb walk-on Center got bulldozed onto his foot IIRC. And the 2018 line rounded into form pretty well once Farmer moved to Center - but for the rest of Adrian's career it was a bad line.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

I agree with you in general, but one of the major injuries for TM was because his 270 lb walk-on Center got bulldozed onto his foot IIRC. And the 2018 line rounded into form pretty well once Farmer moved to Center - but for the rest of Adrian's career it was a bad line.

Walk on?! Of course.....:lol: