QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

22 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I hope he comes here, but….

3 high schools, 3 P5 commitments.  About to flip again. 

We should probably be guarded even if he comes here.

Yeah, he definitely has taken the commit out of commitment. I will get excited and drink the kool-aid anyway (again) but I’m not sure anything will ever be final or finished.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, Torgan said:

As great as all these thoughts of NU getting McCord/Flemming, and Raiola are, what in recent Nebraska history thinks we could ever possibly be this lucky?  And now we're adding the possibility of getting Christensen as QB Coach as well?  Come on folks.  Time to take a reality break. 

I can see McCord signing, with Flemming choosing to go elsewhere, and Raiola, doing what Raiola's do, long play to secure a better deal to play at a more successful program.  And with no Raiola, no Flemming.  So while it's fun to play the what-if game (believe me, I'm an expert), I think the actual reality of the situation is one of much more realistic and achievable results.

All that said, I would be more than happy to eat crow if all this did come to fruition.  

Insert Debbie Downer gif

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I hope he comes here, but….

3 high schools, 3 P5 commitments.  About to flip again. 

We should probably be guarded even if he comes here.

This. With the athletes of today constantly flipping, who knows. If he does come here, he may not even stay. 

8 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

This. With the athletes of today constantly flipping, who knows. If he does come here, he may not even stay. 

At this point in college football, you can't guarantee that with any QB recruit, no matter who they are and how they played out their recruiting.

So, you get the best you can get, let the QB competition work itself out and let the cards fall where they may.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Let's slow our roll here. Only one of these guys can see the field at a time. One QB, no matter how good, isn't going to make us a top ten team overnight.

Yes, but the nice thing is, you let the QB competition happen, pick a starter, if the starter gets hurt, we have actually someone good that can step in and take over.  We haven't had that in a very long time.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Toe said:

I wonder how many people noticed that this was posted by 247Husker. Singular, not plural.

Yes, there is a

@Nebraska247 - Official 247 site

@247Huskers - not affiliated with 247, but a pretty good aggregator of Husker news, but steals a lot of crap and doesn't credit a lot

@247Husker - not affiliated with 247, has posted 4 times in 2023.  And now has a "NIL source"

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
8 hours ago, I am I said:

Personally, I’m very slow rolling all this news. 
the only player we could MAYBE get went 11-1 last year. The guy we think is savior that we MAYBE could get has never taken a college snap. 
I’m on a a wait and see approach with both players: whether either comes here and what they could do once here. 

it’s fun, but I’m not counting chickens and whatnot 

Rational

Thoughtful

Sane

IMG_5344.jpeg.6ea97e9d8983c7c91a9abfb96a150d8e.jpeg.a81eae5c89b989423cf3387ea29837e0.jpeg

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!