QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

5 minutes ago, tyrone_biggums said:

does that excite us with the current Steeler's QB play?

He's not their QB coach (Mike Sullivan), and not even the assistant QB coach (David Corley) - his title is just "Offensive Assistant Coach." So probably not to blame for their problems, but also you'd figure if he was a great QB coach they'd have him in a more QB-centric role.

Just now, Husker in WI said:

He's not their QB coach (Mike Sullivan), and not even the assistant QB coach (David Corley) - his title is just "Offensive Assistant Coach." So probably not to blame for their problems, but also you'd figure if he was a great QB coach they'd have him in a more QB-centric role.

I did look him up. Was with the Falcons during the early 20 teens. Long time Rhule guy after that. Similar position during the Temple years--Co-OC/QB coach. Satt moved to OC/RB coach. Was OC after Satt went to Tenn. Tech. Followed Rhule to Baylor to be Co-OC/QB coach. Then wen to Memphis/UNLV/Arizona St before ending up with the Steelers.

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I think it's fuji apples to braeburn apples. QBs get more $ and more attention in the NFL, why would it being the same in college football cause a huge problem, other than maybe the newness of it. 

Agreed 100%  Basically what I was saying there. Someone had posted about concerns about our lowly 3 star lineman getting butt hurt about not making a bunch of money to block for our new messiah (paraphrasing here but that was the jist) 

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's not an absurd comparison because they are pointing out specifically how much you were right in your first two sentences.

Peyton Manning had 12 of his 17 seasons where he threw 11 or more interceptions in the NFL.  It would be absurd to say that Raiola is better than 65% of Manning's NFL career.

Different competition and contexts.

Raiola is great grab and has huge potential in college.  Our QB room was probably the worst in the entire country.

The comparison drawn in the tweet, to assert the above, was still asinine.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2

6 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

It will be interesting brother-to-brother conversations if the O Line can't keep Dylan on his feet.

I don't trust Satterfield to bring water from a cooler to Rhule.

Go back and watch the games.  The QBs had more time than Casey did last year.  The problem is they couldn't pull the trigger when they were supposed to and took sacks.  Even when they had time they missed by a mile.  I have a feeling the line is going to look much better with a Qb who can throw 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 4
16 minutes ago, DefenderAO said:

It will be interesting brother-to-brother conversations if the O Line can't keep Dylan on his feet.

I don't trust Satterfield to bring water from a cooler to Rhule.

To be sure. They did get better after Corcoran and Piper went down. If Raiola wants to protect his nephew they shouldn’t sniff the field. 

Yeah his track record is not good. Terrible in fact. But an offense led by DR and the running game we have going for us might just bail him out. I honestly think the run game will get even better with DR and these young WRs keeping the defenses honest. 

• Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!