QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

I'm still shook.  

I try to put it in perspective. 

What would it be like if CJ Stroud or Bryce Young decommitted and chose to play at Nebraska, one month after we lost to Iowa?  After a 4 game losing streak?

I know we won 5 games with Haarberg, and I have much appreciation for that.

But here I am since the news dropped, and still thinking "Did this really happen?"

I find myself waving "hello" to the mailman, and taking my time doing the dishes after supper and just smiling to myself...... :)

The magnitude of this type of talent at quarterback choosing to play at Nebraska is incredible.  I'm shook.

I hope every Husker fan and all Nebraskans sit back for the next several months with smiles on their faces and embrace Dylan being in the building.  Because getting a talent like this is a blessing.  I'm sure Iowa, Colorado, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and countless other programs would love to be in our shoes.  Even Texas & Georgia would.  

Smile, be kind and be happy Husker Nation.  I know I am, everyday. This is about to get real good around here.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

So a confirmation from the Sunday WH about the Dylan commitment, Dylan’s kind of apolitical with college teams. Doesn’t sound like he had/has a favorite growing up, but he felt the pull to be the guy to turn the program around and be THE guy in Lincoln over being another cog in Georgia because of the families past with the school. Dayton, though, bleeds red and has been a fan of Nebraska his whole life.

I’d feel pretty confident about Dayton being our ‘26 QB. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 5

19 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just saw some list about the top QB's and where they are going and Raiola is now #3.  Seems to be dropping....From choosing NU?

Raiola is #3 in the On3 Industry rankings (composite).  He is the #1 QB on 247, Rivals and ESPN but he's the #4 QB according to On3.  That makes him the #3 QB in the On3 Industry Ranking and #2 in the 247 Composite.

But it doesn't have anything to do with him choosing Nebraska.  He was there before new broke that he was looking to flip.

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, lo country said:

Just saw some list about the top QB's and where they are going and Raiola is now #3.  Seems to be dropping....From choosing NU?

The different services seem to be split on where he is ranked for a while now. I have to imagine they are knocking him for mobility and maybe not enough short timing throws. Because otherwise I don't see how any QBs look better than him. 

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Raiola is #3 in the On3 Industry rankings (composite).  He is the #1 QB on 247, Rivals and ESPN but he's the #4 QB according to On3.  That makes him the #3 QB in the On3 Industry Ranking and #2 in the 247 Composite.

But it doesn't have anything to do with him choosing Nebraska.  He was there before new broke that he was looking to flip.

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

The different services seem to be split on where he is ranked for a while now. I have to imagine they are knocking him for mobility and maybe not enough short timing throws. Because otherwise I don't see how any QBs look better than him. 

Appreciate it!

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, lo country said:

Oh Meh, don't get mislead.

We got a 6'3 230lb  5 :star  pass pro QB that turned down Georgia (SEC Georgia!) that wants to play for Nebraska and win a lot 

If he signed with Georgia or Alabama he would be the first 6 star in history 

Just sit back and be happy :)

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

6 hours ago, lo country said:

I've seen everything from #1 player in the country to #4 QB.  I just know I'd take him over any other high school player in the country.  Still kinda can't believe it.

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
On 12/27/2023 at 7:28 PM, The Dude said:

I've seen everything from #1 player in the country to #4 QB.  I just know I'd take him over any other high school player in the country.  Still kinda can't believe it.

You looking at it with common sense and I am right there with you :thumbs

It is unbelievable and we sit back quietly, appreciating an amazing thing that happen.

• Plus1 1