Nebrasketball vs Purdue

47 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

I followed the box score until about eight minutes left in the first half and then listened to Kent Pavelka and he brought it home with an always entertaining Kent call. Amazing win for Nebrasketball. To all those true believers who stuck with this team through all kinds of lows, this one is for you. I’ve been discouraged in the past and kept hoping that someday we would have a fun season and go dancing in March. Lots of work to do, but tonight is special in Lincoln. Very Special. GBR!

Kent was a ton of fun. Pretty sure I heard him drop a holy s#!t after the court was stormed on broadcast. Maybe it was someone else.

Long suffering Husker fan needed this one. Great job by the guys tonight. They played out of their minds and had to to pull this one off.

42 minutes ago, DGNU said:

First win over #1 since 1982- so surreal! Would’ve swore one of those Kansas teams we beat were #1, during the Nee days/my time in school. The D made all the difference- love Williams’ stat line! Game balls to all! (Including Trev for his faith in Fred!)

Faith, plus being in a financial bind from 2020 plus a wildly irresponsible, unearned pay raise with crippling buyout terms given by Moos.

Fred still hasn't made the NCAA tournament, much less won a game in it. But gotdang I hope this win bolsters their resumé and they finally get a crack. Fingers crossed the committee has mercy and lines up a more favorable matchup than Tim Miles' only dance.

• Haha 1

Fun game to watch on TV.  I can't wait for NU to drop the "cinematic highlights" with Kent's call.  

After watching these guys roll over in the 2nd half vs Minnesota I thought we were going to see another typical Nebrasketball season.  Good to see that I was completely wrong.

10 hours ago, DGNU said:

Would’ve swore one of those Kansas teams we beat were #1, during the Nee days/my time in school.

I had in my head that KU was #1 when Jamar Johnson hit the corner 3 with 1 second left in OT.  But upon a google they were #3.

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Fun game to watch on TV.  I can't wait for NU to drop the "cinematic highlights" with Kent's call.  

After watching these guys roll over in the 2nd half vs Minnesota I thought we were going to see another typical Nebrasketball season.  Good to see that I was completely wrong.

I'm looking forward to this.  I listened to Kent streaming.  

His passion is fun.  It reminded me of Touchdown Cory Schlesingaaaa!

• Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

One more thought, the play by play guy on Peacock (Jac Collinsworth) was terrible.  He's a nepo baby that is also terrible at doing football games.

Ohh, it makes sense now - I wasn't watching or listening close enough to ever catch who the announcers were, but I did notice it was the voice and smugness of Cris Collinsworth without the whole "knowing what he's talking about" thing. Sounds very similar to his dad which isn't a great thing.