Nebrasketball vs Northwestern

7 hours ago, Comish said:

Is Ulis even allowed to practice?

He's a gambler and a sinner.  Therefor, he must repent and use a private VPN next time.  After that, be sure to always take the points and share your profits.  Point guard or not.  Running stairs during practice will help the time pass.  Go Big Red!  Waka Waka

20-8 since last February...it's still wild people get in their feelings so much when we lose.  We have been pretty darn good for nearly a calendar year.

For a program that is historically been hot garbage (except for a season here and there), maybe just enjoy the ride a bit.

We lose games we shouldn't...for sure, but we also win games we shouldn't haha.  We have a pretty good team...it is ok to be happy

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

3 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

20-8 since last February...it's still wild people get in their feelings so much when we lose.  We have been pretty darn good for nearly a calendar year.

For a program that is historically been hot garbage (except for a season here and there), maybe just enjoy the ride a bit.

We lose games we shouldn't...for sure, but we also win games we shouldn't haha.  We have a pretty good team...it is ok to be happy

I agree, and I also don't understand as well.  I thought it was a great win. 

But, this is also a great place to vent, dissect stuff, talk about issues or things they do bad or need to get better at.  Or joke about lol. 

I think deep down errbody is happy tho 

chuckleshuffle

That Rutgers loss really hurts....a win there puts us in solid 4th place in the BIG, which is a pretty good place to be. Gary is too good to lose. Oh, how I pine for someone who could step up and consistently get rebounds when Gary is not on the floor.

• TBH 1
18 hours ago, Hayseed said:

That Rutgers loss really hurts....a win there puts us in solid 4th place in the BIG, which is a pretty good place to be. Gary is too good to lose. Oh, how I pine for someone who could step up and consistently get rebounds when Gary is not on the floor.

They actually rebounded pretty well on Saturday.  They won the battle of the boards 40-26.  They gave up 11 offensive boards (on 39 NW misses), but most of them were long boards after missed 3's & came when either Mast or Allick were out of the game.  They need to have two of Mast/Allick/Gary on the floor 99% of the time.  With Gary out Mast & Allick would have to play 35+ minutes (probably more like 38-39) & that's not going to happen with big guys.

Nebraska had 8 offensive rebounds on only 21 misses.  That means the Huskers rebounded 38.1% of their misses & NW got 28.2%.

The big problem was all the unforced turnovers.  Northwestern had 13 steals because of a lot of lazy & telegraphed passes.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1