Trev to A&M

3 hours ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

This is 100% accurate. I left my last teaching job in Grand Island because the administration was tough to work for. I have taught for 23 years now and I've had some good and some bad, but I would say I definitely left jobs because of bosses. I am really hoping this whole Trev thing is a ploy to get more money, but it sounds like he is probably gone.

Was it that crazy snooty lady from out of state?  I’m from GI and I know so many people that are glad she’s gone now.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Micheal said:

So we think Regents and Interim President and Vice President are in damage control to try and keep him? 

Absolutely. In reading the OWH article, Ted Carter was one of the key reasons why Trev took the job as Carter was 'a leader he (I) can follow.' Carter announced in August that he was leaving. The Board has not found a replacement, and doesn't sound like they were close to installing anyone permanent. My hunch is that lack of clarity is a key reason Trev is frustrated, though I wish he would've made it more known that it's been a problem. 

And there it all goes.

Anyways...

If Trev orchestrated this whole thing as a necessary ultimatum after he's been quietly trying to press the issue for months only to find deaf ears and inaction, then that's all the more reason I think he's a great AD and want him here. Who knows, maybe this entire thing will have been revealed as an extremely coy and savvy whistleblowing move to get the regents to grow the hell up and figure it out.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

My hunch is that lack of clarity is a key reason Trev is frustrated, though I wish he would've made it more known that it's been a problem. 

He may have let the powers that be know the lack of clarity is a problem and their lack of response could be the reason he's thinking about leaving.

I've had jobs where I took issues to my boss & nothing happened.  It's really frustrating & part of the reason I no longer work at those places.

• TBH 1

Wonder if the Regents moving oversight to the President's office could be a motivator too? And when those same Regents don't find a president it can make things harder. And with oversight being as the system level they can micromanage more? 

The proposal from Lincoln Regent Tim Clare and Regent Rob Schafer of Beatrice also puts the eight members of the Board of Regents one step closer to the decision-making process in Husker Athletics. It passed unanimously.

Clare, speaking during Thursday's meeting, said Husker Athletics' enormous role in the minds of Nebraskans and others across the country elevates its importance to the system level.

"If it doesn't work, we can always reverse back to another method," Scheer said. "This is not a 'forever and ever, amen' deal."

The decision to move responsibility for oversight from the campus level to the system level was not without skeptics and detractors, however.

Omaha Regent Barb Weitz said she agreed Carter would represent the University of Nebraska well with the Big Ten and NCAA, said that could change in the future.

"We have a great person now, but 10 years from now, will that still be true?" she said.

https://huskerextra.com/news/husker-athletics-moves-to-presidents-office/article_77184478-1117-11ee-964f-6b7bebcabc80.html

8 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He may have let the powers that be know the lack of clarity is a problem and their lack of response could be the reason he's thinking about leaving.

I've had jobs where I took issues to my boss & nothing happened.  It's really frustrating & part of the reason I no longer work at those places.

True, though I wish if it was causing a headache, he would've mentioned it more often in his interviews. Not necessarily airing dirty laundry, but simply "we're hopeful to have a President lined up by X date" to spur some action. Today felt like a rug pull out of nowhere, which hopefully it turns out to be a false alarm. 

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

As long as Trev stays, I'm good.

If Trev leaves, this fan base is in for a wild ride.

If Trev stays, I'm expecting a lot of changes in a very short time.

Pretty much sums it up.  Maybe this was a necessary jolt to the system.

• Oh Yeah! 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M