Trev to A&M

1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When I went to UNL in the glory days of football, the UNL Board of Regents were absolutely loaded with dimwits and s#!theads. But they generally didn't touch athletics.  

Swirlies for the nerds!!!

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

When I went to UNL in the glory days of football, the UNL Board of Regents were absolutely loaded with dimwits and s#!theads. But they generally didn't touch athletics.  

This they wanted more oversight last fall.

Given the current state of football for some time this invoked so little reaction in me that I’m not sure is returnable unless we go to some kind of bowl game next year. Sad state of affairs. 

Just now, Lorewarn said:

Hopefully our local beat writers are up to the challenge.

Trev's not beholdened to anyone at the university anymore; if it's truly something that bothered him enough to leave, and if he cares as much for the university as people think he does, then maybe he needs to be the one up to the challenge. 

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 4
2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He triggered you so much with that post that you had to create an account to respond.  LOL

Excellent contribution.

You're so triggered you had to try to respond for him. Lolol. 

When one sees something so asinine and detached from reality,  it needs to be called out.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Trev's not beholdened to anyone at the university anymore; if it's truly something that bothered him enough to leave, and if he cares as much for the university as people think he does, then maybe he needs to be the one up to the challenge. 

Not saying it's right, but that obviously won't happen. To some extent, speaking bad about an employer in a certain category of life is perceived as speaking bad about all of them, and Trev won't nuke his future potential success in college athletics or academia by burning that bridge.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M
7 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

Not saying it's right, but that obviously won't happen. To some extent, speaking bad about an employer in a certain category of life is perceived as speaking bad about all of them, and Trev won't nuke his future potential success in college athletics or academia by burning that bridge.

It's true. The only way this happens is if you're unwittingly caught on a hot mike. 

34 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Key difference... he knows who is boss is at A&M and clearly believes in the guy. We apparently don't have a firm vision or leaders in place that instill confidence that the University is set up for success. @knapplc was spot on that the problem lies with the University administration and the Board of Regents. Sad to see it play out as it did today.

I wonder if Trev has had to make commitments that he can’t stand behind because there’s no leadership.  It would be tough from an integrity standpoint.

Getting facilities built & upgraded.  Program direction.