Who will be new AD?

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

One thing about it - Nebraska, athletically, is a better place now than what it was a few years ago.   No major coach challenges - such as firing and hiring,  a building program, etc.  So I think the job would be an attractive spot for someone wanting to move up but not move into a crisis situation  - unless of course, the political side is unbearable. 

I kind of think that yesterday indicated that the political side might be a bit unbearable. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

I kind of think that yesterday indicated that the political side might be a bit unbearable. 

Yes that is my take from all of the comments.   Need a strong person to come in an navigate the obstacles. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I think you put Matt, Fred, and John in a room and ask them their opinion on who should be hired.

Absolutely! I'd also recommend they take the opinions of Manning & Revelle into account as long-tenured coaches who know what is successful and what isn't. If nothing else, figure out the characteristics of an ideal candidate for the athletics side of the equation. Though I also hope/wish they included Cook & Rhule in the interviewing process as both seem to understand and express opinions on matters beyond just their individual sports.

Good interim selection, yes? Curious what others think. also, I think there's a very real possibility that Jamie Pollard will be reached out to or at least I hope so. Kind felt he was who I wanted when Trev was hired. Hope we didn't burn that bridge.

36 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

So interim president appoints interim AD.  Kind of sounds like a trump cabinet- he appointed so many interims so that he could avoid the confirmation process. But I digress- he is a good choice and I wonder if he gets the interim tag removed after a while 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Boosters are 59 years too old

Only the big-time boosters, I'm sure they could find one in the right age range who is a low level booster/donor that they could wine and dine...or maybe even the daughter of a big-time booster.

• Haha 1