2024 Portal Szn

He had knee surgery for "clean-up" right before Christmas and missed a couple of weeks.  You could tell the last couple weeks of the season it was affecting him as he looked like he was laboring when he went up and down the court.

30 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He had knee surgery for "clean-up" right before Christmas and missed a couple of weeks.  You could tell the last couple weeks of the season it was affecting him as he looked like he was laboring when he went up and down the court.

Mast was non existent the last 4 weeks of the season.  Something was wrong.  He's a good player.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Was he playing in pain all season bc of his knee??? I didn't even know he had a knee problem.

He had what they called a "minor" knee surgery around Christmas & was out for a couple of games.  It definitely affected his ability to practice full time - it was mentioned by Hoiberg several times in press conferences.  If it was as minor as they say, a few weeks off should let it fully heal - or he could need to have another "clean up" done and then a few weeks off to let it fully heal.  I'm sure we'll hear his status fairly soon.

24 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

He had what they called a "minor" knee surgery around Christmas & was out for a couple of games.  It definitely affected his ability to practice full time - it was mentioned by Hoiberg several times in press conferences.  If it was as minor as they say, a few weeks off should let it fully heal - or he could need to have another "clean up" done and then a few weeks off to let it fully heal.  I'm sure we'll hear his status fairly soon.

Thank you!!!!! I think Mast and Williams and Gary are all vital to having another successful season next year. 

• TBH 1

38 minutes ago, soup said:

I know the Huskers don't have a chance here, but some team is going to get a hell of a player.

Oh, I think they do have a chance...he's a perfect hoiberg big.  If they want him, he'd be interested in playing here.  We run a system that would be perfect for him to display his skills

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

Oh, I think they do have a chance...he's a perfect hoiberg big.  If they want him, he'd be interested in playing here.  We run a system that would be perfect for him to display his skills

Will he bring his Sega and Doritos?

4 hours ago, soup said:

I know the Huskers don't have a chance here, but some team is going to get a hell of a player.

I read somewhere that his name in the portal had already listed a mark indicating that he was not to be contacted as he had made his choice. With his head coach going to St. Louis University and 4-5 teammates similarly entering the portal, I tend to think many of that group will be going to St. Louis, following the coaching staff. 

• TBH 1