OWH: Inside Nebraska's submissions to EA Sports for College Football 25 game

EA Sports. It’s in the game.

It’s a familiar moniker for many of us who’ve spent countless hours playing any one of its sports video game offerings.

But it’s one we haven’t heard for over a decade when it comes to college football.

That’s changing soon with the summer release of EA College Football 25.

With the NIL opt-in deadline on April 30, here’s what we know about Nebraska’s involvement in the upcoming video game based on information obtained via public records request.

https://huskerextra.com/news/football/amie-just-inside-nebraskas-submissions-to-ea-sports-for-college-football-25-game/article_aab58308-0730-11ef-8520-d3018ffa19e8.html

I am irrationally excited about this coming back.

• TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 2

I bought a PS5 *just* for this game (sadly, at full price last year before the news it was delayed a year), and am incredibly excited, but also am very confident it will suck at the football part and am also disappointed in UNL's submissions. 

The offerings of our school are paltry and lame especially in comparison to what other schools provided. There's no reason to not include Sirius, Thunderstruck, the Killigans, Hells Bells etc. and all of the other marching band tracks, as well as notes on the Husker Power chant and others. Yes, it is EA's responsibility to clear the rights, but you should at least give them all the info and resources that are specific and applicable to start with. 

Lame bare minimum stuff here.

2 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

Reading the article it said Nebraska doesn’t own the rights to  Thunderstruck or Sirius  

so they can’t allow EA to put them in the game. Hopefully there’s a possibility EA can find a way to still get them in the game

Thundstrius?

6 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

Reading the article it said Nebraska doesn’t own the rights to  Thunderstruck or Sirius  

so they can’t allow EA to put them in the game. Hopefully there’s a possibility EA can find a way to still get them in the game

What if f they just had a Runza blimp?

• Worth a Look 1
15 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can honestly say that I can't think of a sports issue I care less about than this one.

Well it was a huge thing for millions of people every year, so it's good to finally have the game back.

51 minutes ago, Saunders said:

Well it was a huge thing for millions of people every year, so it's good to finally have the game back.

Yep. We used to have tournaments, playoffs if you will ;) , in the dorms.

• Plus1 2