Andy Christiansen found Not Guilty

DaveH

A guy I work with was at the bar with Andy and went to High school with him. He was also a witness in the trial. He told me that he wasnt calling the girl a lier, but the reason Andy got off is because she didnt see who did whatever to her. Andy said he didnt and she didnt prove it was him. Take it for what its worth. He also said Andy is and never has been the kind of guy to do something like this or force himself on a girl.

Also, he said it took 4-6 cops to take a VERY drunk Christiansen down.

Anyway, I am happy. He is a great player and we will need him. He should be punished for his behavior with the cops though... Couple game suspension I say.

A perfectly legitimate explanation of what happened could be that someone other than Andy did this to the woman, I don't think she likely just made the whole incident up. She turns around and confronts him, and he looks at her with the described "blank face" because he is confused about what the hell is going on, why is some drunk girl screaming at me and he was drunk himself. I'm pretty sure that she admitted she slapped him, and in response to that he poured a drink on her and walked away. She then approached him later because she felt accosted (and rightly so, but perhaps at the wrong person?) and a second drink was poured on her, then the bar tender who based on his comments seems biased against football players and perhaps a little too buddy buddy with the police jumps in and tells him to leave. Now, I'm not saying that the choices Andy made in this situation were good, but especially when drunk it would be pretty easy to get really mad about being slapped and some guy threatening to call the cops on you when you didn't do anything, and only escalate when the cops do show up and try to cuff you when you are finally bowing to the demands of the bartender and leaving.

Just trying to point out there are other possibilities as to what the scene was actually like. Essentially we as fans just have to trust how Bo handles the team. Without the misdemeanor charges I would actually feel bad for him because he has missed so much of the season and everything. Just another reason for football players to stay out of bars though.

I will weigh in on this with my 2 cents.

1. No one but Andy Christianson knows IF he did this or not. Even the girl who filed the complaint doesnt know for sure. She felt someone cop a feel, turned around and said that Andy was the only one their. In her mind Andy did it and that is that. There will be no changing her mind on any of it.

2. Once the complaint was filed and the media got ahold of it, alot of people assumed he was guilty, and nothing (even a not guilty verdict) will change their minds.

3. Andy resisted arrest because he was being arrested and accused for something that he felt he did not do. Would anybody else be happy with being accused and arrested for something they felt innocent of? Has anyone resisted at all when arrested for something they didnt do? I have

in this day and age, when a woman make an allegation of any sexual misconduct by a male, that male is view guilty until proven innocent.

i have seen it in the military and in civilian life also. it is just the society that we live in.

i am the father of a 22 year old son and a 17 year old daughter, and my reaction would be very different on which one was a part of the situation.

if it was my daughter, i would be pissed and out for blood, but if it was my son and he told me that he didnt do it, i would defend him with everything that i had.

sure OJ was found "Not Guilty" but everyone know that he did it, but that analogy doesnt mean that Andy Christianson is guilty.

I am sure that Andy and the woman would like to put this behind them now, and we should let them try and start because either way it will be difficult for both to do so.

VERY NICE POST :clap

<_< I am happy for him in a way that he was found not guilty of the sexual assault charge by a jury, and trust they made the right decision. However, he did put himself in the position to be accused of it. And after being approached by he police, he did resist arrest and damage their vehicle.

For the good of the team, I wouldn't bring him back. The team goes before any individual. I would not take a chance of bringing in a negative influence. There was too much partying last year that got out of hand, this was just one instance. If you bring him back it is almost like condoning the behavior. At minimum if he is brought back, he should be allowed to practice with the team, but suspended for a few games for the resisting arrest and damaging the property as a message to other players that NO behavior that is illegal will be tolerated.

I think our O-line is in good shape, but even if it wasn't, I would take the same stance...not to bring him back. :bang

I remember a thread a while back where everyone was dumping on him and basically saying guilty as charged without him ever going through the courts. There were only a few that said innocent until proven guilty. It seems some want to bring up the OJ case saying he was guilty even though being found not guilty. What about Kobe Bryant? The girl/woman he allegedely raped had 3 different semen samples in her underwear when they did the rape kit. What about El Roberson before the BCS game against Ohio State? The girl charges him with assault only to drop the charges within what a couple of days?

Now, the scenario comes back to the chicken and the egg. If he were never charged with assault, he wouldn't have ever got charged with resisting arrest and assault on a police vehicle. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision.

I remember a thread a while back where everyone was dumping on him and basically saying guilty as charged without him ever going through the courts. There were only a few that said innocent until proven guilty. It seems some want to bring up the OJ case saying he was guilty even though being found not guilty. What about Kobe Bryant? The girl/woman he allegedely raped had 3 different semen samples in her underwear when they did the rape kit. What about El Roberson before the BCS game against Ohio State? The girl charges him with assault only to drop the charges within what a couple of days?

Now, the scenario comes back to the chicken and the egg. If he were never charged with assault, he wouldn't have ever got charged with resisting arrest and assault on a police vehicle. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision.

If he'd left the bar when the bartender asked, would the police have been called? :dunno

What's the maximum sentence for the 2 misdemeanors?

O.J. Simpson is a whole different story. Sure it's innocent until proven guilty, but c'mon. Who really thinks that O.J. was innocent? Anyway, that's neither here nor there...

In this case, the jury found Andy not guilty because there wasn't enough evidence. I was reading that most of the jury thought something happened and that the woman's story was credible, but there was just not enough evidence to back her up. The way Andy acted after he was arrested was ridiculous and something that I do not want associated with Husker football.

I say don't bring him back.

If he'd left the bar when the bartender asked, would the police have been called? :dunno

What's the maximum sentence for the 2 misdemeanors?

From what the OWH had on it's website, there were already officers pretty much outside the bar when it happened.

It's kinda funny. Many are willing to judge based on what they have read in the paper or comments from one part or another.

Since I wasn't there I can only hang on that the jury who heard all the facts presented could not find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. For me that probably says more than anything else I've read in the paper.

That being said I still would not be comfortable if my wife or daugter was anywhere near the guy. It's not fair and I know that but I'm more concerned about my wife and daughter than am Andy Christenson. Guilty or not guilty, found guilty or not found guilty, falsely accused or rightly so it really doesn't matter in the end for this guy. It'll hang on him a very long time.

My advice young men, watch your p's and q's and evaluate if you really want to sit in a bar and get tanked with a bunch of other people sitting in a bar getting tanked. Maybe a nice relacing drink and then heading home may help prevent you from landing in a similar situation or maybe not. Hopefully this whole incident has caused many a young lady and many a young man to re-evaluate how they spend their leisure time.

Momma always told me nothing good ever happens after dark. I wish I would have listened.

Let's compare this situation to oh I don't know maybe the Peters brothers back in the mid-90's. They didn't just cop a feel. How many games were they suspended for? Doesn't make it right, but I'm just saying...

TO being very forgiving gave his legacy a blackeye and the program the "thugsker" image it is still living-down. We went from being the symbol for "doing it right" to "win at all costs program" quickly. We've gotten our name out of the mud, gotta be careful about keeping it out of there.

Possibly AC didn't penetrate the chick. But he definitely assaulted the bar-owner and dented the police-car. I can take him coming back but I sure wouldn't have a problem with him getting the boot. It isn't like we need him anyway.

Come on guys who hasent made a mistake while drinking?? The guy made a mistake he got drunk and made a bad choice, manned up to his actions and the court will take care of it.. He has already missed out on one game plus all the spring/fall practices with his team mates.. I say let him back on the team an lets let him move on with his life...

I have worked downtown at a bar alot of the old football players (clean cut players) drank at and yea they did alot of stupid stuff but you have to accept it an move on.. Kicking someone off a team doesnt always solve the problem, the person has to learn from his mistakes and get on with his life.. You dont think be accused of a sexual crime didnt scare the hell out of him?? To me thats punishment enough..