DT Latu Heimuli

Husker_Power

It's still up in the air but what does bid well for us is that Florida already has 2 four star commits (Herbert & Brown) coming to the school. If we have any chance this would be it. Here's to hoping anyways!

On a side note: Herbert committed to Florida on the 14th of December. 2 days after Latu visited.

They did stop recruiting at DT for at least one guy:

Nuckols down to two

The last time I spoke with defensive tackle Edward Nuckols (San Marcos, Calif./Mission Hills), the lineman said he was hearing a lot from Florida and was hoping to set up a visit sometime in January.

Nuckols, one of the elite tackle recruits in the West, has already visited Colorado and Arizona. He was hoping to check out the Gators but those plans have been scrapped.

"It's just Colorado and Arizona for me now," Nuckols said. "Florida got a commit at my position and stopped recruiting me. This is going to be a really tough decision for me and I'll probably wait until around mid-January before I commit anywhere.

I find it more likely he would go to BYU than Utah since quite a bit of Latu's family attended there. Of course, I could be really wrong on this one.

i would tend to agree but but you can never be too sure... being around a lot of polynesian people over the years family is really important to them... thus being close to family or atleast a community that is similar to their ethnicitiy and values is also very important as well. So if i had to take a stab i think he will stay close to home or maybe on the west coast... but his choses are so diverse he might be the kind of kid who just wants to break out and escape... so five minutes later i guess there is no real point in speculation.... :nanalama

I find it more likely he would go to BYU than Utah since quite a bit of Latu's family attended there. Of course, I could be really wrong on this one.

i would tend to agree but but you can never be too sure... being around a lot of polynesian people over the years family is really important to them... thus being close to family or atleast a community that is similar to their ethnicitiy and values is also very important as well. So if i had to take a stab i think he will stay close to home or maybe on the west coast... but his choses are so diverse he might be the kind of kid who just wants to break out and escape... so five minutes later i guess there is no real point in speculation.... :nanalama

BYU is in Utah. BYU is HEAVY with Poly players, moreso than Utah by far. I think they have about twice as many as Utah, IIRC. BYU is a straight LDS school while Utah is a state school, thus the whole 'Holy War' tag and why BYU finds it easier to land Poly players.