DT Latu Heimuli

Husker_Power

I was brought up in a born again Christian home and we viewed the Mormons as a cult.

:wtf That's pretty ignorant. Just because one faith isn't the same as the other doesn't make them a cult. I'm Lutheran and don't believe many things that catholics believe, yet I wasn't raised to think that every catholic is a cult member.

Anyway, let the kid keep his religion between himself and the coaches. It's none of our business.

-Back to Topic

Even if he takes his mission, he would be a great land.

I didn't say I still believed it, just what we were taught. If he is as religious as some think than I am sure he is pretty secure in his beliefs regardless of what others think.

Asking for MOD removal is a little over the top. Go back thru some of the longer posts, lots of non-recruiting talk.

The idea that we have anything to do with the recruiting process seems a little grand to me.

If you don't think these recruits aren't reading the message boards of the prospective fan bases, then I think you are fooling yourself. I remember specifically reading an article about the DT Quentin Toaila from CA who Bo brought in last year. In that article, Quentin was quoted as saying how he checked out the NU message boards and the positive feedback was a big part in him feeling comfortable with NU.

If you don't think these recruits aren't reading the message boards of the prospective fan bases, then I think you are fooling yourself. I remember specifically reading an article about the DT Quentin Toaila from CA who Bo brought in last year. In that article, Quentin was quoted as saying how he checked out the NU message boards and the positive feedback was a big part in him feeling comfortable with NU.

A great reason to censor these threads in order to appear to the recruits in the best light, right?

Nevertheless, I do agree that this thread has seriously gone way off topic (my fault too). Can't we all just get along? We're talking about a kid who is - by all accounts - a beast. Seriously does not matter what his religion is.

So now we are going to wax poetic about every recruit's religion? I just don't think this is fair to the young man. He has a bright future ahead wherever he decides to play and we are sitting here debating the merits of his religion and determining whether or not it is a Cult. Why not look at how good of a player and student he is, that would seem to be the more relevant topics here. His religion choice is his business and frankly it shouldn't matter what you or I think about it.

So now we are going to wax poetic about every recruit's religion? I just don't think this is fair to the young man. He has a bright future ahead wherever he decides to play and we are sitting here debating the merits of his religion and determining whether or not it is a Cult. Why not look at how good of a player and student he is, that would seem to be the more relevant topics here. His religion choice is his business and frankly it shouldn't matter what you or I think about it.

This is a discussion forum and we can discuss anything we want. The idea that we need to censor these things bc/ recruits might read them is weak.

I'm sure some do read them. So should we not make comments like "I'd rather have Oku than Wegher" or" I don't really buy his 40 time" Nope, we should say whatever we want.

The kid could worship Satan for all I care. Might make for a more intersting pre-game feature. For those of you that are concerned:

Dear Mr. Heimuli,

Just in case you are reading this, there are some people in this state (in every state) that may think your religion of choice is a cult. That being said, I am sure they will cheer their a$$es off for you on Saturdays. Cornhusker football is actually our state religion.

Sincerely,

Someone that should not matter in your college decision.

• 1 month later...

Heimuli nears decision

Husker Illustrated teaser....."The month of October has been a busy one for Salt Lake City (Utah) Highland defensive lineman Latu Heimuli, as he's taken official visits to Nebraska, Arizona and Washington State. With one more official on his schedule, the 6-foot-3, 296-pounder is drawing close to a decision."

Man, I hope we land this guy......

New post on ESPN West Recruiting blog gives a bit of an update:

Utah DT Latu Heimuli weighing options

Posted by Greg Biggins

There aren't too many elite defensive tackle prospects out West but one player we've liked for some time is Highland (Salt Lake City, Utah) standout Latu Heimuli.

Heimuli has great size and is a load in the middle of the line. He's very quick off the ball and his overall size, strength and athleticism translate very well to college.

The tackle has taken official visits to Nebraska, Washington State and Arizona. His visit to Tucson was just this past weekend.

"I liked Arizona a lot," Heimuli said. "I liked the coaching staff a lot and got along well with all the players. They had a great crowd for the game with USC and the team was in it until the very end. You can tell the program is going in the right direction.

"So far, I've had a good time on all my visits and it's tough to say which one was my favorite. I liked them all but for different reasons but the main thing was I felt comfortable at each school."

Heimuli said his next visit will be to Colorado (Nov. 7) and he has three schools in mind for his 5th and final visit.

"I'm still trying to decide between UCLA, Cal and Oregon State for my last visit," Heimuli said. "I do want to take that last visit if I can and hopefully that will be locked in within the next few weeks."

BYU is another school high on Heimuli's list but it's local and he has taken several unofficial visits there already.

"Yeah, BYU is definitely in it but I didn't want to use an official visit," Heimuli added. "I can go there any time and I already know a lot about the school. I really don't have a leader right now, once I'm done with all my trips, I'll sit back and try and figure out where the best place for me is."

This article doesn't appear to be about his top choices. It looks to me like it's just about his last and next visit. He only mentioned BYU in reference to wasting a visit since he's been there a bunch of times unofficially.

Mentioning Nebraska or Oregon in this conversation would actually seem out of place unless he has Husker Tourette's.

"So anyway, I was at Arizona last weeken....NEBRASKA!....and I met the coaches and talked about mov....GO BIG RED!...moving over to right tackle..."

:lol:

This article doesn't appear to be about his top choices. It looks to me like it's just about his last and next visit. He only mentioned BYU in reference to wasting a visit since he's been there a bunch of times unofficially.

Mentioning Nebraska or Oregon in this conversation would actually seem out of place unless he has Husker Tourette's.

"So anyway, I was at Arizona last weeken....NEBRASKA!....and I met the coaches and talked about mov....GO BIG RED!...moving over to right tackle..."

:lol:

:clap