DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

If distance is THE factor, why are UCLA and USC on the list? I could see Cal or Wash, but LA is pretty far from Portland. No, not as far as Lincoln, but far enough (15 hours?) that taking a plane makes more sense.

That's what I was wondering. If distance is so much of a factor, why are UCLA and USC still on the list? It's slightly less than a 3 hour flight from Portland, Oregon to Omaha and it's a 1 hour 45 minute flight from Portland to LA.

Nebraska is just an extra hour from USC and UCLA, and this kid seems pretty bright. I guess it just confuses me as to why he wouldn't already have considered this.

If distance is THE factor, why are UCLA and USC on the list? I could see Cal or Wash, but LA is pretty far from Portland. No, not as far as Lincoln, but far enough (15 hours?) that taking a plane makes more sense.

I am going to take a wild guess and say that they are still there because they play Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Stanford and Cal every year and those are much closer to home then Nebraska.

I hope he comes but he has a single mother and is the oldest of 4 so I would understand how being able to see his family more often would be at the top of his list. But I think if Bo and Carl meet his mother and they are able to show her what Nebraska is all about then I believe we will have a great shot at landing him.

I hope when Bo meets with Owa's mother that they let her know about the Oregonians for Nebraska club. It's been known that Suh's family attended quite a few of their gatherings on game day whenever they couldn't attend the actual games.

It'd be a great way for her to assimilate with the Nebraska crowd and network with people.

Here's their website: Oregonians For Nebraska

I hope when Bo meets with Owa's mother that they let her know about the Oregonians for Nebraska club. It's been known that Suh's family attended quite a few of their gatherings on game day whenever they couldn't attend the actual games.

:yeah

I think if TO goes with, it will be a done deal. Father figure for sure!!

That would be something