DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

The thing that concerns me now is that he replaces Oregon with Oregon State this late in the game. There was no logical reason for him to do this just to fill a space on the table for a hat. He's obviously seriously considering them or he wouldn't have put them back in the picture at all just for some more drama. The kid seems to level headed to do something like that. It's obviously a very hard decision for him and it's an easy one for us since we are biased. If I was in his shoes and not biased I honestly don't know what I'd do?

Many people believe that he put OSU back in just so he doesnt take so much crap from the locals in the Portland area until after he signs. I chose to take what they say as gospel.

The thing that concerns me now is that he replaces Oregon with Oregon State this late in the game. There was no logical reason for him to do this just to fill a space on the table for a hat. He's obviously seriously considering them or he wouldn't have put them back in the picture at all just for some more drama. The kid seems to level headed to do something like that. It's obviously a very hard decision for him and it's an easy one for us since we are biased. If I was in his shoes and not biased I honestly don't know what I'd do?

Seriously? You're being called the most sure thing NFL superstar in this year's class and you don't know which program would put you in the best position to be drafted the highest and most prepared for the NFL? I don't think it's my NU bias that makes me think it's a no-brainer that Nebraska's staff would prepare him the best for the career he wants. Oregon doesn't have a very good defensive staff (sorry, Frost) and UCLA's staff isn't nearly as good as Nebraska's. Again, to me it's a no-brainer. But apparently Owa has other considerations than just which program will prepare him the most for NFL stardom.

Owa appears to be a bonafide stud, but I would argue that Ronald Powell is the most impressive prospect at this point. He was very impressive at the AA game. What I fear is that Owa is having last minute cold feet about taking the big leap and coming to the midwest so far from home which is why OSU is getting back into it with another hard long look. I don't think it is for theatrics, because what difference does it make if he adds a local team for 9 days to his list he is considering? Seems optimistic at best to view this way. I am viewing this situation in the manner that distance is getting the best of him(and momma) now. Regardless of how much they like Pelini, being a car ride away from momma is appealing. If he comes here, awesome, but I am writing him off at this point to OSU, just a gut feeling. I sure hope I am wrong, but it is awful hard to completely leave the nest for some kids. I know it was for myself, and I wasn't even seriously looking at moving half-way across the country.

The thing that worries me about going with a "gut" decision is that I feel like he's considering NU because of our coaches and our excellent defense - practical reasons - but I'm afraid his heart/gut belongs at home in Oregon. It doesn't seem good to me that he recently put OSU back on the map. This is going to suck if we don't get him.

I'm with you. I believe he is keeping an Oregon team in the running because he wants to have that option for when he can't pull the trigger on the long distance school. I will take going 1 for 3 on the remaining big-name targets. As a long-time Husker recruiting follower, that is being semi-optomistic. It's the best I can do. :rant

What I fear is that Owa is having last minute cold feet about taking the big leap and coming to the midwest so far from home which is why OSU is getting back into it with another hard long look.

If this was the case why add OSU back in? Wouldnt Oregon fit that mold as well?

I don't think it is for theatrics, because what difference does it make if he adds a local team for 9 days to his list he is considering?

I agree it isnt for theatrics but I believe that it is a safety blanket.

Put yourself in his shoes. You are one of 28 or so five star prospects in the nation in a state where they dont grow too many big time athletes to begin with and you are planning on leaving the state. Can you imagine how much crap you would take if you committed to a school before signing day? Can you imagine how many people would try to talk you out of it? I think that UO has been out ever since his mom told him distance shouldnt factor into his choice.

I am writing him off at this point to OSU, just a gut feeling. I sure hope I am wrong, but it is awful hard to completely leave the nest for some kids. I know it was for myself, and I wasn't even seriously looking at moving half-way across the country.

Prepare to eat crow. Not being rude but I have a feeling you will be.

Some more to think about reguarding Owamagbe Odighizuwa:

If he was going to go to an in-state school he probably would have already committed by now and have put this process behind him. Think about it. He wouldnt take a single bit of gruff from anyone because he was staying home. AND people would leave him alone finally and stop obliterating his facebook page, etc.

There has been too many people who are in-the-know that have called him as much as a "lock." I have a hard time thinking that every one of those people is completely wrong. We are still in a great position with Owa. "The driver seat" as it was said awhile ago.

Bingo.

To say that Owa replaced Oregon with OSU to "keep people happy" has got to be one of the dumbest conclusions I have ever seen anyone draw. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. He is seriously considering them and guys I hate to break it too you but I just don't think we are going to get him.

As much as it sucks he is not going to leave Oregon to come here. Our track record in these kind of situations with these kind of high profile recruits is pretty bad in the sense that we almost always end up losing out to someone else.

I don't expect that to change with OWA either, he is as good as gone (probably to OSU).

Everyone should just move on from this.

Bingo.

To say that Owa replaced Oregon with OSU to "keep people happy" has got to be one of the dumbest conclusions I have ever seen anyone draw. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. He is seriously considering them and guys I hate to break it too you but I just don't think we are going to get him.

As much as it sucks he is not going to leave Oregon to come here. Our track record in these kind of situations with these kind of high profile recruits is pretty bad in the sense that we almost always end up losing out to someone else.

I don't expect that to change with OWA either, he is as good as gone (probably to OSU).

Everyone should just move on from this.

Sadly, I agree with you. I don't expect Owa to end up here. I still hope that he does . . . but it appears less likely now than it did on Friday.

Truth be told, I'm not worried about where he's at with this decision. We're talking about an 18 year old kid, albeit a rather mature one at that, but still he is faced with a major decision in his life. While I hope he ends up at NU, I'll still be rooting for him regardless where he ends up. The way he has handled himself throughout this whole recruiting process is admirable. He's nothing short of impressive, on and off the field.

Even if we don't land Owa, I'm still proud of the staff for making it into the final round with this kid. No one can accuse this staff of not being good recruiters when it's all said and done. We may not win 'em all, but to be this close, this late in the game is admirable in and of itself.

At the end of the day, Owa or no Owa, we can't forget that we're already sitting a crop of impressive talent at DE in Ashburn, Vestal and Okuyemi from this class. Once they immerse themselves into the Pelini system, the sky is the limit.

I'm cool either way.

• Fire 1