SIGNED RB Aaron Green

A. Green just dropped in Lone Star Recruiting's Top 100 for 2011.

He went from #1 to #9.

He is the 3rd ranked back now in Texas, behind LSR #1 Malcolm Brown and #7 Herschel Sims.

It's because he got hurt with a nagging injury this year (at least I think) and didn't put up the same numbers as his Sophomore year.

:yeah I am sure he will have a big time year next year and be close to the top of the Rivals100

Aaron Green favored NU and USC... but with the USC coaching change that gives NU a clear lead. I worry about 2 things... Texas a&m and Texas. The reason I say this is because Aaron's #1 priority with the school he picks is spirituality. He is a super spiritual guy who really wants a spiritual coaching staff and spiritual friends. Texas A&M definitely meets that!! Texas coach Mac Brown is a spiritual guy and Colt Mccoy and Jordan shipley were and went there with that in mind... Both of these schools have really good offenses so I feel they will be major contenders for him in the long run. *gulp*

Ron Brown?????????????

Aaron Green favored NU and USC... but with the USC coaching change that gives NU a clear lead. I worry about 2 things... Texas a&m and Texas. The reason I say this is because Aaron's #1 priority with the school he picks is spirituality. He is a super spiritual guy who really wants a spiritual coaching staff and spiritual friends. Texas A&M definitely meets that!! Texas coach Mac Brown is a spiritual guy and Colt Mccoy and Jordan shipley were and went there with that in mind... Both of these schools have really good offenses so I feel they will be major contenders for him in the long run. *gulp*

Ron Brown?????????????

Yeah EZ-E, like I have said before Ron Brown is the X factor when it comes to Green. I do not see A&M as a threat. I do however see Texas. But McCoy and Shipley being spiritual guys has ZERO influence of Green. ZERO.

Ron Brown?????????????

Yeah EZ-E, like I have said before Ron Brown is the X factor when it comes to Green. I do not see A&M as a threat. I do however see Texas. But McCoy and Shipley being spiritual guys has ZERO influence of Green. ZERO.

One thing that I have not seen mentioned regarding Aaron's choice lately has to do with the style of offense NU will run. One of the things that was rumored to turn Aaron off a bit from Texas was the Spread Passing O that they run, he apparently likes to run out of the I-Form a lot. NU was doing this a lot this past season obviously, but IMO it is clear that the O next season will be more of the Spread WCO we saw in 2008 and the beginning of 2009. I think we will see power sets more often than in 2008, but if Aaron really likes power run sets then look out for teams like Alabama.

Ron Brown?????????????

One thing that I have not seen mentioned regarding Aaron's choice lately has to do with the style of offense NU will run. One of the things that was rumored to turn Aaron off a bit from Texas was the Spread Passing O that they run, he apparently likes to run out of the I-Form a lot. NU was doing this a lot this past season obviously, but IMO it is clear that the O next season will be more of the Spread WCO we saw in 2008 and the beginning of 2009. I think we will see power sets more often than in 2008, but if Aaron really likes power run sets then look out for teams like Alabama.

Per another Husker forum that I lurk at, supposedly Bo, Dr. Tom, Milt Tenopir, Cotton & Watson are having whiteboard sessions during the off-season as it pertains to the offense. If such is the case, then I fully expect to see a healthy percentage of power running mixed in with Watson's ball control WCO. Otherwise there would be no reason for Tenopir to be involved. This tells me they're revisiting Dr. Tom & Milt's old power running schemes. So I expect to see some properly executed I-formation power sets next season.

Per another Husker forum that I lurk at, supposedly Bo, Dr. Tom, Milt Tenopir, Cotton & Watson are having whiteboard sessions during the off-season as it pertains to the offense. If such is the case, then I fully expect to see a healthy percentage of power running mixed in with Watson's ball control WCO. Otherwise there would be no reason for Tenopir to be involved. This tells me they're revisiting Dr. Tom & Milt's old power running schemes. So I expect to see some properly executed I-formation power sets next season.

Don't forget that NU ran from some spread formations towards the end of TO's tenure and again some during Solich's early years. What I'd really like to see is the ability to lineup in some power formations and then spread formations without changing personnel. Maybe somthing that could take advantage of all the TE's we have. Remember that TO was responsible for changing the NU offense as OC under the Bobfather and then did it again while he was the HC. This could be the precursor to some revolutionary changes in the offense. But this is very speculative.

Edit: fixed the incorrect quoting.

I really think that going from heavy sets to spread sets is something that we'll be able to do this next year. Mcneil was in the slot some this year and with the Reed and the addition of Harper who is supposedly very athletic and can run I wouldn't be surprised to see us be able to go from 3 tight to 3-4 wide in the no huddle.

I just don't see us having an offense like Bama's next season. Running the ball more often does equal power sets necessarily, look at Oregon. They run more than pass, yet it is almost all Zone Read type plays. That is what we had up until Conference play this past season and the season prior. The WildCob will stick around, but I am not sure how much power set type formations we will see vs. the Spread WCO we saw previously.

Yes Ron Brown is HUGE spiritual guy and Aaron's brother is at Nebraska. I think if he goes away from home NU is his #1... if he is going to go far there shouldn't be any other schools that factor in because NU has everything he wants. The reason I say UT and Texas A&M is because both are close to home and have the spiritual factor... so he would have the family and spiritual there too. A&M has a high powered developing offense that uses a lot of run. UT's offensive coordinator sucks... they haven't had a good running back since he's been there because they abandon the running backs. Think about it... they had Ricky Williams and Cedrick Benson under the old system and thrived there... since then... nothing. So I think if a good running back goes to Texas he is wasting his talent because he will never be developed and utilized to his potential.

I think NU is the best school for Aaron in all categories except for 1. Distance.

NU has family (his brother is there)

NU has a great FCA program and a good group of spiritual players especially at running back in Helu and Burkhead. Plus Ron Brown is his recruiter.

NU has a great reputation of being a good running team with good running backs.

NU has a great fan base and great academics.

NU has a great reputation of putting players on both sides of the ball in the NFL.

NU is on the rise with a coach that is awesome!

NU has at least 4-5 (maybe more) 4**** offensive linemen coming in this year and next that are great run blockers.

UT and A&M... well being from Texas myself... it sucks, but a lot of great Texas kids grow up on them and end up staying in state.

Last I had heard anything he is aboout 60-40 Nebraska and Texas. Texas knows that they are behind and if they fall too far behind look for them to just conceit this battle and go hard after Sims or Brown.

I believe Sims is a 19 year old junior so he will not be able to participate in HS athletics next year.

Last I had heard anything he is aboout 60-40 Nebraska and Texas. Texas knows that they are behind and if they fall too far behind look for them to just conceit this battle and go hard after Sims or Brown.

I believe Sims is a 19 year old junior so he will not be able to participate in HS athletics next year.

I have read that Texas has promised Aaron that they are going to modify their offense starting next season to include more running plays. Not sure how that will play out, I think they have to do that anyway to help out their young QB.

I have read that Texas has promised Aaron that they are going to modify their offense starting next season to include more running plays. Not sure how that will play out, I think they have to do that anyway to help out their young QB.

They are telling all three of those backs that. Sims, Brown, and Green.

Red Denver, I've never heard Devaney called the "Bobfather". Just wanted to say I love that and will probably use it from here on out when talking to all my Husker buddies if you don't mind. They will no doubt be very impressed with me and talk about what a brilliant nickname that is that I came up with it. Most of the time I will refer due credit back to yourself, but if I slip up sometimes try not to hate me.

I guess I'm not really interested in Green anymore if he isn't #1 in Texas. It's time to move on. Someone new please.

JOKING!!!

I think we would be dumb to abandon the power sets. I loved this season when they get heavy and the TE's are just too good not to incorporate in the gameplan more. I agree with the previous post of using them with the ball control WCO. We need to showcase McNeill and all the awesomeness he is capable of.