SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Forget what Rivals does from here on out. AG is N and truly wants to be a Husker, and whatever they do to his ranking from here on out means absolutely nothing. We got a kid everyone else wanted and they can't take that away. They can bust balls and drop him to a two star, but they can't remove him from our commit list :)

GBR :bonesflag:

Good point. These rating services/recruiting boards are trying to sell subs. They like to use these kids to make money. Look at all the teasers. "take a look at what Aaron is thinking this week". Is NU really on his short list? Is he favorite color Red or Orange? etc etc.

They love the high profile kids that string out the process. So, it is in their best interest to have 4 plus and 5 star kids to report on. It doesn't not surprise me at all when you see them drop a kid once he commits. If they have a 5 star hat picker, that is rivals gold. They ride that recruit all the way to the bank.

I'll sum up what Mike Farrell told another guy at HI- RSS

They don't think he's an every down back because of his size, they think he doesn't catch the ball well, doesn't get to the hole with power and dances too much around the line of scrimmage. They still say he's good, just not top 30 material.

I did hear this explaination as well. When you watch the game that he played on ESPN it screams the contrary to what the services are saying.

Look, this kid is the best back in the nation. Throw Malcolm Brown in there all you want, Aaron is better. This kid is going to be a perfect fit for our offense.

It is no coincidence that he dropped after he committed to NU.

Did he change his playing style after the injury? I highly doubt it. The only thing that has changed since he was evaluated is his comittment. Everyone's been watching Aaron for 2 years now. Everyone saw plenty of him during his brothers recruitment. They knew his style then, it's the same now. They like to keep the uncomitted players towards the top to sell subscriptions. I don't see why they couldn't have kept him at a 6.0 though. To say he's all of a sudden a different type of player is BS. All they had to say was they've evaluated a number of other players at other positions and feel they were more deserving of the top 50 spots than Aaron. I could live w/ that - but to say he's all of a sudden not as quality of a player as they once though is BS.

This would most likely be more of a recruiting issue but i feel it is better to post this topic here, An insider from the recruiting dept told me Aaron is taking a hard look at Texas and they are not 100% sure about his commitment come signing day, Aaron is worried about fitting into the wildcat, as we are supposedly gearing more toward that style of offense, would also like to be closer to home and allow family to attend majority of the games (most of the big 12 games would be in or around Texas compared to big 10 country) and he also would like to see significant playing time as a true fresh, as we all know Texas has been having issues with finding a good, reliable RB, and Aaron could deff see playing time as a fresh at UT with the departure of Tre Newton (i believe there would also be a good chance here too?) as of right now most of you will only take this as a rumor until cold hard facts come out, but i do have a reliable source, unfortunately cannot give out his name, let's just hope he keeps his commitment and stays away from the longhorns.

This would most likely be more of a recruiting issue but i feel it is better to post this topic here, An insider from the recruiting dept told me Aaron is taking a hard look at Texas and they are not 100% sure about his commitment come signing day, Aaron is worried about fitting into the wildcat, as we are supposedly gearing more toward that style of offense, would also like to be closer to home and allow family to attend majority of the games (most of the big 12 games would be in or around Texas compared to big 10 country) and he also would like to see significant playing time as a true fresh, as we all know Texas has been having issues with finding a good, reliable RB, and Aaron could deff see playing time as a fresh at UT with the departure of Tre Newton (i believe there would also be a good chance here too?) as of right now most of you will only take this as a rumor until cold hard facts come out, but i do have a reliable source, unfortunately cannot give out his name, let's just hope he keeps his commitment and stays away from the longhorns.

1)Gearing more towards the wildcat style of offense huh? 2)Wants to see significant PT as a true frosh huh? 3)Texas having issues finding a good, reliable RB huh?

1)Well, the last time I talked to a few people that I know the offense that you see this year is what you are going to get going into the Big Ten. You may see us go under center a few more times in the future, but other than that, what you see is what you are going to get. We are by no means trying to gravitate towards an offense that uses the wildcat exclusively like the premise of your post is based upon. I would imagine that Aaron has seen that before TMart got hurt, we used the WildCat one, count it, one time. Can you guess which time that was?

2)With only Burkhead and Tray on campus after this season, Aaron has a great chance to play early on in his career. Even when Braylon Heard gets to campus.

3)Malcolm Brown.

I am sure that the congregation of people that he announced his college decision to would all be very pleased to find out that Aaron would not be planning on staying true to his word.

I am very sorry and you may have what you consider to be a reliable source, but the dots just don't connect with this one.

• Fire 1

Here's two things to think about:

1) Aaaron has ran the wildcat in highschool, if you watch his junior highlights he ran it. And he has numerous times in interviews that he would like to run out of a more traditional running package (which Texas left out beginning of the year).

2) The longhorns will have more RB's on scholarships then we will next year: Cody Johnson, Fozzy Whitaker, Antwan Cobb, Malcolm Brown.

I know a lot of people on here don't like the idea of being friends with these kids on facebook, but I was on AG's facebook the other day and he always has these question and answer statuses where someone sends him a question and he answers it. The question was "Have you ever met T-Magic?" and he replied "Of course, thats my future QB. We be textin." This was on Sunday...doesn't sound like he is questioning his decision to me.

AG is not going anywhere. Silly drama that doesn't need to be talked about.

:yeah However all this talk does continue to grow his thread closer to the length of Owu's ;)

Heeeeeeck yes. Aaron Green is the future. Start making your #2 Jersey's now. Or Heck just give him #30 and let everyone pretend Ahman Green has been reincarnated.

Or..Dare I say?

Dare! Dare!

Mike Rozier!!