Castille..

Thanks Dundermilnitte,

I just could not believe it went on that long without someone say what the F__!

As far as the conflict I honestly could care less. The head coach has spoken. Book closed. Pretty much ends it for me.

Nemajordude, you are absolutely right.

Ya gotta be pretty thick to ignore the Bo.

26 years in the Marine Corps, around Drill Instructors and the recruit depot, he knows how to chew A$$. If you can disregard what he says, and how he says it, there's not much chance of you ever following orders.

How bout we lay off the coach. Maybe your forgetting how many times Q fumbled the ball last year and I think was on his way to doing again this year. It was just two weeks ago that the coaches made him carry a ball around 24/7 so obviously he had fumble issues in camp thus far.

So...

You're telling me that's the double top secret team rule he broke to get kicked off the team?

Fumbled in practice one too many times?

well, i dropped off here yesterday afternoon and i am not surprised where this thread has gone now, i could have predicted it then.

throwing Pelini under the bus, when we have no idea what the issue entailed, whether TO was consulted (i would bet my life savings, he was)

or whether Q was given multiple warnings is just ridiculous.

we were all upset when Clownahan was here and nervous that we would have trouble replacing him, now we have Pelini (which i think we are damn lucky to have...) and there are those that want to blame him for a problem of Q's own making. i vote for Pelini, no one player is so valuable that it warrants compromising the integrity of the program...period, end of story.

I think you're exagerating a little.

I serriously doubt any people here are wanting Pelini thrown under a bus...maybe just a van and then..only if it's parked.

But seriously..Especially here at Nebraska..Our fanbase isn't exactly known for turning a blind eye to a coach just because of his lofty position...We've got a "smartest fans" reputation to uphold and must leave the sheep following to the CU's or UM's of the world where they know how to properly entertain their sheep.

I really don't want to imply that Mr. Castille didn't deserve to be kicked off the team...Just that our staff (including Dr. Tom) needs to be aware of this continued lack of information may have an undesired effect on recruiting...I still hope We don't want law breakers around here..but who want's their Son to go some place where there's a possibility of getting kicked off the team for chewing gum at a meeting and not bringing enough for everyone else? (I could see that happening with Snyder/KSU what with the strong possibility of senility setting in, soon).

Where in the Husker Rule book does it say the coach owes us and explanation?

Not in the rulebook.

But it would be nice not to give enemy recruiters any more of "the unknown" to confuse our targets with.

How bout we lay off the coach. Maybe your forgetting how many times Q fumbled the ball last year and I think was on his way to doing again this year. It was just two weeks ago that the coaches made him carry a ball around 24/7 so obviously he had fumble issues in camp thus far.

So...

You're telling me that's the double top secret team rule he broke to get kicked off the team?

well, i dropped off here yesterday afternoon and i am not surprised where this thread has gone now, i could have predicted it then.

throwing Pelini under the bus, when we have no idea what the issue entailed, whether TO was consulted (i would bet my life savings, he was)

we were all upset when Clownahan was here and nervous that we would have trouble replacing him, now we have Pelini (which i think we are damn lucky to have...) and there are those that want to blame him for a problem of Q's own making. i vote for Pelini, no one player is so valuable that it warrants compromising the integrity of the program...period, end of story.

I serriously doubt any people here are wanting Pelini thrown under a bus...maybe just a van and then..only if it's parked.

But seriously..Especially here at Nebraska..Our fanbase isn't exactly known for turning a blind eye to a coach just because of his lofty position...We've got a "smartest fans" reputation to uphold and must leave the sheep following to the CU's or UM's of the world where they know how to properly entertain their sheep.

I really don't want to imply that Mr. Castille didn't deserve to be kicked off the team...Just that our staff (including Dr. Tom) needs to be aware of this continued lack of information may have an undesired effect on recruiting...I still hope We don't want law breakers around here..but who want's their Son to go some place where there's a possibility of getting kicked off the team for chewing gum at a meeting and not bringing enough for everyone else? (I could see that happening with Snyder/KSU what with the strong possibility of senility setting in, soon).

Not in the rulebook.

But it would be nice not to give enemy recruiters any more of "the unknown" to confuse our targets with.

Maybe the coach takes the view that this isn't pro sports and if the kid has a drug ploblem, or some other issue, that he has not been able to control the coach has decided it is not the whole world's business. He is 20 year old kid, not a paid public figure, and the coaches are not obligated to spread the details of his wrong doing to the world.

So...

Not in the rulebook.

I agree here. I don't think anyone is "throwing Bo under the bus", but given the fact that Castille was one of our top offensive weapons, and no explanation for dismissal was given, it's natural to question the decision. It's been said 100 times already, but people conveniently ignore it: we're not saying he didn't deserve to be kicked off, or that it wasn't the right decision. People are obviously upset because Q will be sorely missed this year.

I agree here. I don't think anyone is "throwing Bo under the bus", but given the fact that Castille was one of our top offensive weapons, and no explanation for dismissal was given, it's natural to question the decision. It's been said 100 times already, but people conveniently ignore it: we're not saying he didn't deserve to be kicked off, or that it wasn't the right decision. People are obviously upset because Q will be sorely missed this year.

It's not anyone's business what happened. I don't know if Bo discussed this with TO or not, but I strongly suspect that he did, even if just to inform him ahead of time. Would TO have handled it differently? Don't know. It's Bo's program now. The idea that you're going to tell the world that QC did drugs, stole cars, fathered multiple children, slept with the Dean's wife, whatever, is rubbish. You don't do that to these kids. As someone else stated earlier, "dismissed from the team for rules violation" followed by silence is SOP in college football.

So...

Not in the rulebook.

Maybe the coach takes the view that this isn't pro sports and if the kid has a drug ploblem, or some other issue, that he has not been able to control the coach has decided it is not the whole world's business. He is 20 year old kid, not a paid public figure, and the coaches are not obligated to spread the details of his wrong doing to the world.

i suspect the legal aspect of "airing out" the violation would be a factor.....maybe?? in case you didn't notice we have goof ball lawyers wanting to represent your dog and suing you for not feeding him his favorite kibble...

I applaud that stance..well, the non inquiring part of me does.

But I would like to think our "Team Rules" could stand up to total disclosure without bringing names into it after the fact.

Like: I think more of the public should know that in some parts of Arizona, it is illegal to flyfish from the back of a camel.

But I would like to think our "Team Rules" could stand up to total disclosure without bringing names into it after the fact.

For any team you've been on, for any job you've had, have you been told every single rule that could get you dismissed/fired? I sure haven't. There are guidelines, and there is common sense. And there are warnings, you'd think, when you are getting close for anything that isn't an obvious dismissal cause. I just don't think you're going to see every rule spelled out, or else you'd see something the size of the Nebraska and US penal statutes. You want to turn off recruits? Hand them that.

It's not anyone's business what happened. I don't know if Bo discussed this with TO or not, but I strongly suspect that he did, even if just to inform him ahead of time. Would TO have handled it differently? Don't know. It's Bo's program now. The idea that you're going to tell the world that QC did drugs, stole cars, fathered multiple children, slept with the Dean's wife, whatever, is rubbish. You don't do that to these kids. As someone else stated earlier, "dismissed from the team for rules violation" followed by silence is SOP in college football.

What? That's not what I said at all... Read before you comment :thumbs

This is the correct answer. Close thread. Goodbye.