Suh vs Carter

Offensive line coach Matt Moore said he expects right guard Brandon Carter to square off with Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh on just about an every-down basis Saturday, and expects Carter to do the job one-on-one.

http://www.redraiders.com/2009/10/13/tech-...etting-healthy/

If he's serious they may as well not even show up or at least hope their 3rd string QB is as good as Potts/Sheffield.

Offensive line coach Matt Moore said he expects right guard Brandon Carter to square off with Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh on just about an every-down basis Saturday, and expects Carter to do the job one-on-one.

http://www.redraiders.com/2009/10/13/tech-...etting-healthy/

If he's serious they may as well not even show up or at least hope their 3rd string QB is as good as Potts/Sheffield.

I think TTech will start out with this plan and then adjust as needed. Carter is a pretty darn good OL, so he will probably come up with some plays against Suh. The real question will be how often does Suh get 1v1 and what does he do with those plays?

Or.... The TTech coach is putting some misinformation out there. If they've got a plan to neutralize Suh, they certainly aren't going to announce it in advance.

Is this the same "Great Wall of Lubbock" that has allowed 13 sacks so far this year? The breakdown:

North Dakota - 1

Rice - 0

Texas - 3

New Mexico - 5

Houston - 2

KSU - 2

Even allowing for players injured and suspended, that's a pretty high sack total.

That was before they were done building it and filling it with the bodies of those who died during the construction. Now you can see it from space!

Is this the same "Great Wall of Lubbock" that has allowed 13 sacks so far this year? The breakdown:

North Dakota - 1

Rice - 0

Texas - 3

New Mexico - 5

Houston - 2

KSU - 2

Even allowing for players injured and suspended, that's a pretty high sack total.

That was before they were done building it and filling it with the bodies of those who died during the construction. Now you can see it from space!

Nice :clap

North Dakota - 1

Rice - 0

Texas - 3

New Mexico - 5

Houston - 2

KSU - 2

"Your persian scouts supplied the mortar" -300

I don't care what offensive line our defensive line goes up against. There is not a d-line in the country that I would trade ours for right now. Like many others have said, if you double Suh, it WILL open up the line for our other three defensive linemen. Don't get it twisted, Crick is a monster as well, he is just being eclipsed right now by the shadow of Suh. If our d-line can penetrate with just a four man rush, texas tech will have a LOOOOONG day in Lincoln. Also, with everyone's focus seeming to be on Suh, look for another player to step up and have a huge day as well. Suh will still dominate, but I can see another defensive player having a monster day.

:restore

Don't get it twisted, Crick is a monster as well, he is just being eclipsed right now by the shadow of Suh.

Amen! It's understandable that Crick isn't getting the press that Suh is getting - Suh is, after all, a man among boys this year - but I'm completely sure opposing D Coordinators know all about Crick, too. I haven't yet watched the Missouri game for the second time, but I want to pay close attention to Crick this time when I do. I know he was in on several tackles and disruptive all night long.

I just wish we heard more from Pierre Allen and Barry Turner. Allen had a good tackle for loss on the Missou RB at one point, but not a lot else that I recall (although I know both Ends racked up some tackles). If either of these guys breaks out in the next couple of games, good God, who do you block?

Don't get it twisted, Crick is a monster as well, he is just being eclipsed right now by the shadow of Suh.

Amen! It's understandable that Crick isn't getting the press that Suh is getting - Suh is, after all, a man among boys this year - but I'm completely sure opposing D Coordinators know all about Crick, too. I haven't yet watched the Missouri game for the second time, but I want to pay close attention to Crick this time when I do. I know he was in on several tackles and disruptive all night long.

I just wish we heard more from Pierre Allen and Barry Turner. Allen had a good tackle for loss on the Missou RB at one point, but not a lot else that I recall (although I know both Ends racked up some tackles). If either of these guys breaks out in the next couple of games, good God, who do you block?

i think turner almost had an interception. But let's really hope that what you say happens this weekend

I've actually watched the game quite a few times on espn360... specifically to watch the d-line against mizzous o-line. Obviously, like you said, Suh is a man among boys. But watching Crick (I focused on him in particular), he was smashing off of his blocks and it was awesome watching the surge on the line. Suh's man was being thrown back yards at a time... but if you watch the man next to him... Crick is pressing his man back at the same pace. So go ahead, double Suh, you'll meet Mr. Crick. And by the way, double team or not.... Suh will say hi to the qb at some point and will be a disruptive force all day!

North Dakota - 1

Rice - 0

Texas - 3

New Mexico - 5

Houston - 2

KSU - 2

:laughpound:laughpound:laughpound

Watched Tech vs. Houston & Tech vs. Texas on ESPN360 yesterday....

Brandon Carter is a mountain of a man, but he looks very slow. He's good with his hands, but once his man gets a step on him, he's a non-factor. He might be too big and strong to get bull rushed outright, but Suh's premier quickness should win 75% of that battle (1 on 1). Carter doesn't have the speed or flexibility to recover after that first move if he gets beat. Suh does most of his damage after the the pocket breaks up and the QB is on the move. Carter can't run with him.

Also, judging this matchup based on last year's performance is not wise. Last year Missouri kept Suh in check (for the most part), but as you can see, he has since taken his game to another level.

Mark it down: Suh-perman will own.