SIGNED QB Brion Carnes

JTrain

Yeah I did not see him signing with us at all. I was kind of worried about this though...makes you wonder about character and all that when they switch like this. But then I heard what he said about praying about it and putting it into God's hands...I like this kid and I hope we can figure out how we want to use our QB's so he (and the other QB's) can develop like they should.

I know we lost Owa but look on the bright side: We could be Western Kentucky

1. They just lost the most high profile recruit in their programs history in Carnes

2. They have to play Nebraska, to whom they lost said recruit, at Memorial Stadium, to start 2010.

3. They're nicknamed the "HILL TOPPERS"?

4. Their mascot looks like the by product of an illicit affair between McDonalds character Grimmace

and a red bean bag chair.

Just coping with the Owa loss like everyone else. :wasted

• Fire 1

I really, really wonder though: if Carnes isn't a QB and if our need there isn't what it was - do we still take him back?

I think we should be pretty happy with this class. We got 2 out of 3, and the two we got, were both the biggest needs, and the ones we were more expected to get.

1. They just lost the most high profile recruit in their programs history in Carnes

2. They have to play Nebraska, to whom they lost said recruit, at Memorial Stadium, to start 2010.

4. Their mascot looks like the by product of an illicit affair between McDonalds character Grimmace

I personally think the Hilltoppers mascot is one of the best in all of college sports. Also, their nickname is regional and historical. Isn't ours? Would you rather be a guy who climbed a hill in the Appalachians or a guy who husks corn on his front porch?

I must eat a little crow. Very early on in this thread I said that Brion did not seem tough in his film. The only film that I could watch was of the Florida State Semi-Final game I believe. After watching the film that is up at Huskers.com I take back what I said. He looks to be a great competitor and actually looks to be a much better passer than what I thought previously. So props to you all who had access to better film than I for saying not to judge from highlight film from one game alone. Welcome Brion! GBR!

I really, really wonder though: if Carnes isn't a QB and if our need there isn't what it was - do we still take him back?

I think we should be pretty happy with this class. We got 2 out of 3, and the two we got, were both the biggest needs, and the ones we were more expected to get.

90 days ago i would not have dreamed that we would end up recruiting this well, we should be thrilled with this class and Bo will get better recruits each year. great job by Team Pelini, i am very impressed with how it all turned out.

• Fire 1

90 days ago i would not have dreamed that we would end up recruiting this well, we should be thrilled with this class and Bo will get better recruits each year. great job by Team Pelini, i am very impressed with how it all turned out.

I just watched the video on this kid and I know it is highschool but this kid can make

plays with his Arm and feet. He could compete for the starting job this fall.

I personally think the Hilltoppers mascot is one of the best in all of college sports. Also, their nickname is regional and historical. Isn't ours? Would you rather be a guy who climbed a hill in the Appalachians or a guy who husks corn on his front porch?

If by "best," you mean the goofiest sumbitch I've ever seen... then we're in total agreement.

I mean cmon...

post-6215-126524480375.jpg

... the defense rests.

Change of heart came yesterday for Carnes is what i'm hearing, decided he wanted the chance to play for a BCS title!

Welcome Brion!

:koolaid2: That is what I want...kids that want to play for it all! Carnes has good potential...be great to see how he progresses at NU but love that we got our QB for this class. Welcome, Brion!